888 is closing or what?

• danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      I am playing on 888 from like 1 year and a half now and never has this happened to me.I requested a withdrawal via Skrill on Monday 20.10.2014 and a smaller one on 21.10.2014 and the money are still in process lol. Usually for skrill it took up to 3 days for the money to be funded.This being said, I have e-mailed the support team and they said they have suspended atm the withdrawals via Skrill, without any notice whatsoever:) )) Also, they said that my withdrawals were refunded so I can choose another method but surprise....that did not happen.I only got back the small withdrawal from 21.10.2014, as the other one is still in process and I don't know what's gonna happen with it:) They replied this to me:

This email serves to inform you that the due to a technical issue with Skrill, the payment/s you requested
      between 21/10/2014 and 24/10/2014 via Skrill has encountered a delay.

We are working to resolve this issue and hope we will be able to send you your payments very soon and for the time being the option to withdraw via Skrill has been removed.

For your convenience and to prevent further delays however, we have taken the opportunity to change the status of your payments back to ?in process? so you can request the payment via an alternative method.

SOOO, they, a hudge company , HOPE they will be able to send my money and also try to lie by saying they have moved the money to "in process" :) ) money already were in process and you simply cannot cancel the withdrawal when in that status, only when they are in "awaiting process". They dont even know that, wtf???

My question for the 888 representative : is 888 about to close? And if so, are we gonna see our funds or not? All the disconnections from last week, now this refusing to pay via Skrill, kinda make me wonder...
  • 24 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi danyseful,

I've moved this to the 888poker board for you.

Regards,

Mal.
    • murzius
      murzius
      Platinum
      yeah, it for so laggy 888 can't play at all. always disconecting. it's looks like something wrong going on with 888 :(
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      I can confirm that 888 are having some issues with Skrill (they called them technical ones) which currently refrain them from sending payments via this method. I work with them as an affiliate and am also affected by this. My aff payment via Skrill has been delayed, however as I know payments via other method still works fine. They informed that this should be resolved soon, so I assume payments should be out early next week.
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      danyse,

888 was having significant server issues that now seem to be fixed, but we are absolutely not closing and your funds are completely safe.

I'm looking into the Skrill issue and will get back to you tomorrow.
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      @888Max I am looking forward to see if and how you can help me, because this is very strange and never happened to me on any other poker site. Been playing on 888 for a long time now and it seems a bit unfair and not that professional from their part to not even tell me I can't use skrill to withdrawal anymore or such kind of important info (that is before I even withdraw, and not after, now my funds being basically stuck in processing lol) .Also the e-mail help is just sooo sooo slow, live chat doesn't seem to exist anymore...Kinda dissapointing....
    • Brdjan
      Brdjan
      Bronze
      I also made withdrawal on 20.10. and got same e-mail. I can reverse it to my account but I would like it procesed to Skrill. When can we expect withdrawals to Skrill to be functional again?
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      It's obvious 888 is having serious problems. Laggy servers and disconnections for the whole weeks. Don't process Skrill withdrawals. Don't pay affiliates. worry now.
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      above that all, 888 rep said will get back to us yesterday...seems the problem is bigger than we all expected it to be...
    • grbell
      grbell
      Bronze
      Could it be due to preparation for the UK migration on Saturday. Netbet had problems last week - were down for almost two days and the next day there was a netbet.co.uk. Why don't poker rooms communicate with their customers to avoid worrying them?
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      WOW, just read the 25 pages on another reputable forum on this matter, and this is getting really out of line...Can't wait for 888Max to give us an answer if there is one ?(
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danyseful
      WOW, just read the 25 pages on another reputable forum on this matter, and this is getting really out of line...Can't wait for 888Max to give us an answer if there is one ?(
      Yup, if he didnt get fired already.. :D
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Their reps don't bla bla ... anymore but just disappeared now, both here and 2+2 forum. Live chat turned off and they even don't reply emails (3 days no response)
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      ahahaha the live chat person from the cashier closed the chat session in my face saying she is not sure about anything and I should send an e-mail to the relevant dpt.:) )) she only handles deposits mainly :facepalm: jesus
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

I do urge you to be calm and civil when dealing with support staff. They are unlikely to know what the problem is and certainly can't fix it themselves.

They do NOT spend months of intense training learning all the ins an outs of the poker world. They are likely given a few hours basic training relating to deposits, withdrawals, VIP system and core promotions.

Regards

Laz
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danyseful
      ahahaha the live chat person from the cashier closed the chat session in my face saying she is not sure about anything and I should send an e-mail to the relevant dpt.:) )) she only handles deposits mainly :facepalm: jesus
      It seems Skrill issue was resolved last night. Affiliates including me have received payments via Skrill. I believe you got yours too :)
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      I would just like to add to this thread that I made a withdrawal last week (not to skrill but to my credit card) and it went through just fine.
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      yup, all sorted out for me aswell, ty very much!

@Laz, I was super polite, mb the lady had a rough day lol :D
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      Hi all,

We apologize for the server issues and Skrill issue over the past week. Both are top priorities for us and we hope both will be fully stable as soon as possible.

The official statement from 888 regarding Skrill is:

We have temporarily removed Skrill from the cashier as a withdrawal option while we work to address a technical issue there. You can still use Skrill to deposit into your 888poker account. You can also still withdraw your funds via other methods as long as they support cashouts and are in line with our withdrawal policy (policy: http://www.888poker.com/banking/cashing-out/cashout-policy.htm).

At this point it seems that for at least some people Skrill is again an option. Be assured that this Skrill issue was only a temporary and your money is always completely safe at 888.
    • danyseful
      danyseful
      Bronze
      so if Skrill appears as an option again, it is safe to assume we can use it to withdraw once again without any other delays, right? ty for the reply.