Exposing the micro's

• Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

22 year old Dutch dude here from Eindhoven. Currently i'm studying art & media management, and my ambitions are to be a director someday. Doesn't matter if it's in movies or the 8 'o clock news. I just think it's an amazing job.

So, that's my brief introduction! Let's get to business! I'm currently playing 5NL with the occasional shot at 10NL. So, i was up about 10 buyins at 5NL. But i've dropped to -$30. At 10NL i'm up about $110. Although, when i play 10NL i'm kinda nervous and maybe to cautious Still, it's working.

Some guys say it's good to be aggro and get your red line up. But i'm not one of them. Not at the micro's that is. Okay, i pick my spots, i cbet, i bluff sometimes, but only when my HUD tells me it's a nit. Nothing more, nothing fancy, no triple range merge or GTO whatever. I'm just trying to make every decision as easy as possible. Eventually when i'll reach 25NL or 50NL, then i'm going to bluff more, 3bet light etc. I think the micro's is not the place to do that.

So, as for studying the game: I bought Blackrain79's books (both of them), and i have a dragthebar subscription. I really enjoy his take on the game and especially the micro's. So, i have set goals for myself:

- Play 5NL profitably (win at least $200, which is do-able)
      - Move up to 10NL till bankroll is up to $1500 (currently about 450)
      - Move up to 25NL

So, i'm really conservative in the beginning because i still have to learn alot. I want to start carefully, and take the occasional shot at 10NL and above when i'm confident enough. I'll move down when i lose 3BI. So, i'll post my 5NL graph soon, but here is my 10NL graph:

Let's go! :)
  • 29 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Exposedd and welcome to blogs! :s_cool:

I think you have the strategy for micros just about nailed as far as I'm concerned. I suppose it comes down to no fancy stuff except in rare circumstances until we have our game solid - which may be some time yet for me(!)

Your bankroll management will most likely be considered very conservative, but I'm a bankroll nit as well so I like you already! :D

I wish you well and you can keep those graphs coming like that one please!

Very best regards,

Mal.
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi Exposedd and welcome to blogs! :s_cool:

I think you have the strategy for micros just about nailed as far as I'm concerned. I suppose it comes down to no fancy stuff except in rare circumstances until we have our game solid - which may be some time yet for me(!)

Your bankroll management will most likely be considered very conservative, but I'm a bankroll nit as well so I like you already! :D

I wish you well and you can keep those graphs coming like that one please!

Very best regards,

Mal.
      Hi there! :)

Thanks for the kind words! :) The reason my BR management is very conservative is because i tend to tilt alot. I once was up about $50 at 5NL. So i was sitting pretty with 10 buyins. Unfortunately i lost some BI's due to coolers. Well, then the fun starts. I start raising with weak sauce, and shoving with second pair. I believe no-one, and i'm basically the sucker at the table.

So, after that i lost all 10 buyins, and then some .... So my status at 5NL is currently -$30. But i have no problem running that up :) And i will post more awesome graphs ofcourse :) Should be an ez game!

• MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      how many tables do you play?
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Depends. 12 / 16 tables max. I get bored quick :P
    • pauln
      pauln
      Bronze
      Nice blog, that's a pretty ridiculous graph! :D

I've recently switched over to NL5 cash from SNGs. I've sent you a friend request, I'm looking for people to study with on skype in case you're interested.
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Thanks! Would be great :)
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      Ya,nice blog,I keep following.
    • pauln
      pauln
      Bronze
      In case you didn't know:

Go to http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/page/InviteIncoming.html then accept my invite and i'll send you my skype details :)
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      and how do you do everything in 12/16 tables? you need to be very fast or what?
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 4s4s4s
      and how do you do everything in 12/16 tables? you need to be very fast or what?
      Depends. Ofcourse you need to concentrate alot more. Also, good regs try to exploit you because you play many tables. Stay focused, don't do anything else, take a few breaks and look at your HUD :)

• Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Pretty fun session. Still, could be better.

• Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      So, what would you do here?

Was playing against a fairly tight nit:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $5.80
      MP: $5.00
      CO: $9.59
      Hero (BTN): $5.94
      SB: $5.02
      BB: $5.15

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.15, UTG raises to $0.82, fold, fold

UTG wins $0.62

Had a 200 hands sample, he was playing 19/10/3. Also, he is not positionally aware and it's not likely this is a steal. I know this could be fairly tight, but my play was either to 4-bet shove, or to call and have a tough decisions on the flop. At these limits, also at 6-max cash, when they 3-bet you big, they have it.
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      This ws fun:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $5.39 (VPIP: 27.91, PFR: 27.91, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 46)
      Hero (BB): $5.35
      CO: $5.07 (VPIP: 23.46, PFR: 18.52, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, Hands: 86)
      BTN: $5.00 (VPIP: 3.85, PFR: 3.85, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 28)

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, fold, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.90, 2 players) A:club: 7:spade: 6:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.68, SB calls $0.68

Turn: ($2.26, 2 players) A:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.26, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB bets $1.05, Hero raises to $4.22 and is all-in, SB calls $3.17

Hero shows A:diamond: A:heart: (Four of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 82%, Flop 74%, Turn 100%)
      SB shows J:spade: K:spade: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 18%, Flop 26%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $10.26

The wrong ace of spades for him lol xD when i did the 3-bet, i was thinking he had like pocket QQ's or AK. So doing this with KJ is a little loose, and i had position on him. Anyway, the hand played itself i think. Just wanted to post it here. Not the first time i got quads tho .... I was playing a reg who'm i see every day at the tables and i had pocket 8's. He had pocket 9's. So, i raise, he calls and the flop comes 9xx. I do my regular cbet and he just calls (rainbow flop btw). Turn was the 8. I was going like: :megusta: . So, i raise again, and he re-pops it. I go all in and see his set :rage: . Then the river came: 8 .... :coolface: He was on monkeytilt after that, giving me 4 buyins over the whole session, where he just would 3-bet with weak sauce. Then we exchanged skype usernames together and we are talking strategy almost every day :) hehe
    • pauln
      pauln
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Exposedd
      Sent you a request on skype, think i got the right one unless there are two people with the same skype name from Eindhoven :P
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Hahaha no i'm the only one lol
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

Here i am again, but without some epic graphs. I'm going to do the following challenge: (just a discipline thing)

- Play 100K hands at 5NL (ofcourse with profit)
      - Move over to 10NL with a $500 BR
      - Play 100K hands at 10NL

so, that's it for now. My road to 100NL :) Cheers! And stay tuned for some epic graphs :)
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      First few hands of the challenge. Pretty happy about how i played my hands. Seems my red line is getting a boos, although i'm not really aiming at that. Alot of these players just call 2 streets and then fold. Most of the time i know when they have air and how to exploit that.

• Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Also, hands coming a bit later today