Binary options

• Toothless32
      Toothless32
      Bronze
      Hi, I am a student with tons of free time and I make couple hundred bucks monthly playing poker, but I really dont enjoy the game more then 2-3 hours a day so I have been looking for something else to do in my spare time.

Bumped into binary options and it seemed somehow viable, altough so far I am pretty sceptical about it. I would like to know if someone maybe has a first hand experience with this and knows how viable / nonviable it actually is? Thanks.

Oh, also if someone has some tip for something like that, something viable one can do couple hours a day to make some extra income, I would appreciate it. :)
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Toothless32,
      I've looked into it, but I don't have the time to devote to the amount of study required.

Besides, too much like gambling :coolface:

Cheers,
      VS
    • Kokuruz
      Kokuruz
      Bronze
      Binary options are just gambling because to predict whether a stock will go up or down in the next few minutes is kinda impossible if you want to be earning from stocks go to trading.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      It's pure speculation and you can't really predict which way the market will move in the short term and the markets are generally efficient (accurate in price).

Now those 2 points aren't 100% true; but now you have to ask yourself where you're going to find your edge (value) whilst competing against others. Consider also that by "others" i mean quants working for investment banks with PHDs and super computers.