new

• jareman
      jareman
      Bronze
      Hi. i have been a member €here for quite a long time, but havent used the site to often,,, one thing i have noticed are the many negative comments in the forum, so i have stayed away from the forums.
      how much time do you spend playing poker? i usually play a lot for a week, then i might not play for weeks... still i need to play a lot more before i can call myself a pokerplayer. read a lot of theory, not easy to transfer words to practice.
      do you guys read much about poker, or are you only playing?

'
      //jareman
  • 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by jareman
      Hi. i have been a member €here for quite a long time, but havent used the site to often,,, one thing i have noticed are the many negative comments in the forum, so i have stayed away from the forums.
      how much time do you spend playing poker? i usually play a lot for a week, then i might not play for weeks... still i need to play a lot more before i can call myself a pokerplayer. read a lot of theory, not easy to transfer words to practice.
      do you guys read much about poker, or are you only playing?
      Hi, jareman,
      Welcome to the PokerStrategy.com forums!

I'm sure it varies widely. For myself, I try to read or watch a video at least once a day -- so 30-45 minutes. I play 30 minutes to a couple of hours a day -- but I'm a so-called "recreational player" -- I don't do this for a living.

Before each session I do a review of a previous session.

The above does not count the time I spend messing about with my database -- which also yields some benefit with regards to play.

Don't worry so much about the occasional negativity in the forums. If you find something offensive enough, click the report button, and a mod will have a look at it.

Trolls will be trolls, but we can keep 'em under their bridges if we know about 'em.

Peace,
      VS
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      Hi, and welcome. I only play about 15-20 hours each week :)
    • StandardBacking
      StandardBacking
      Bronze
      i play ~12 hours a day, 3-6 days a week - I would advice reading, watching and playing as much as you can - obv if you play before you read and study this might not be the best process to making $$$$$ as you will probs lose money before you make money
    • Jakkosh
      Jakkosh
      Bronze
      hey and welcome,
      I hear a healthy mix for learning and playing is about 80% playing 20% learning / hand review.
      You should check out the upcoming free coaching and see which fits your game best, you can ask questions to the coach live which could be alot of help for your game.
      Good luck on the tables! =)
    • vincenttafolla979
      vincenttafolla979
      Basic
      You are welcome. Yes, I am reading poker training books. Poker by the Book has helped me a lot to improve my poker skill in HEM.
    • ASTAKOS
      ASTAKOS
      Bronze
      I play when I am in a good mood!
    • gwynplane
      gwynplane
      Bronze
      nice