This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Non-showdown stable, showdown dooooooooown

• Lolomanas
      Lolomanas
      Bronze
      Greetings,

I'm playing Rush 10nl. With some ups and downs I made $100 in 10000 hands.

Until the Great Draught began. Then I lost $140 in 4000 hands. I had a laughable amount of very good second-best hands, KK x AA, etc.

This is my question, though:

Even in that 4000 hand interval I'm only slightly down in now-showdown winnings. It's been only slightly up and down the whole period.

What lessons could I take from that?

Thanks!!!!

• 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Lolomanas
      Greetings,

I'm playing Rush 10nl. With some ups and downs I made $100 in 10000 hands.

Until the Great Draught began. Then I lost $140 in 4000 hands. I had a laughable amount of very good second-best hands, KK x AA, etc.

This is my question, though:

Even in that 4000 hand interval I'm only slightly down in now-showdown winnings. It's been only slightly up and down the whole period.

What lessons could I take from that?

Thanks!!!!

Hi, Lolomanas,
      Welcome to the PokerStrategy.com forums!

First off, 10K hands of upswing, and 4K of down is not really a large enough sample size, so the following is just speculation.

When the NSD winnings are rising and the SD winnings are falling, it may be a sign that you are being aggressive a bit too much. In other words, you are not giving up when indications are that you're beat.

It seems counter-intuitive to suggest that you can make money by folding, but in reality you're just losing less.

Before you get to head-scratching though, I suggest you read: "The Red Line Myth" by w34z3l -- one of the coaches at PokerStrategy.com. Without a doubt the best article on showdown/non-showdown winnings ever.

Peace,
      VS;