hi:)

• greedisgoodgekko
      greedisgoodgekko
      Basic
      Hi Guys,

I'm a beginning poker player from Belgium. In my daily life I'm a college student and in my free time I love to play poker.

I've been playing for 5 years now and recently I've been seeking my luck on pokerstars. I would love to move up stakes to play against thinking players but at this moment I'm still struggling at the microstakes. I do have a lot of questions about how to improve my game so please do reply on my questions as your input will be higly appreciated :)

kind regards,

Gekko
  • 5 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      HI Gekko and welcome to you!

So you've been playing on Pokerstars but unfortunately that won't get you tracked here unless you went through our link and followed the instructions.
      However, if you are able to, there are other sits you can join through us, a list of them is here

Another way to get a higher status if the previous option is not to your liking is to buy a package from the Buy Status Shop which will enable you to access deeper learning material.

Also, since you have played for a while now, perhaps you'd like to check out the blog forum once you get organised and share some of you experiences. It's a good way to get to know like-minded people and I have no doubt that after 5 years playing you have stories to tell. :)

Meanwhile, if you have any questions just ask and someone will be along to help out.

Best regards and you have fun,

Mal.

• MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      Play tight, value bet and almost never bluff.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by greedisgoodgekko
      I do have a lot of questions about how to improve my game so please do reply on my questions as your input will be higly appreciated :)
      Hi, greedisgoodgekko
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Hereare some articles that you can read while basic.
      Even though you likely know the material in the first three, I recommend you read them anyway.
      The rules of Texas Hold'em
      Poker Terminology for Beginners
      The Basics: Position

Once that is done, read:
      What is the Big Stack Strategy?
      How to Play Before the Flop
      How to Play After the Flop

Then get busy at NL2 -- be sure to follow the bankroll management guidelines in "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

As you move up, follow the lesson suggestions in No Limit Hold'em lessons overview

Once you've got the hang of it, check out the free money offers

Choose your poker room and sign up. Suggestion: Look for a room with a first deposit bonus -- by waiting until you know the basics, the first deposit bonus will be easier to achieve.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • greedisgoodgekko
      greedisgoodgekko
      Basic
      Thanks for the warm welcome mods. I did read your articles but the second link didn't work.. Overall it was learning so thx!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by greedisgoodgekko
      ... but the second link didn't work...
      Hi, gekko...

Link is fixed

Cheers,
      VS