nl100 3bet pot

• srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      this is the third hand of the match . i dont have history with him so treat him as an unknown

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN KolpakiN ($103.00)
      BB Hero ($97.00)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BB 8:club: T:club:
      KolpakiN raises to $3, Hero raises to $10, KolpakiN calls $7

Flop: 5:club: 5:diamond: T:diamond: ($21.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $13, KolpakiN raises to $26, Hero calls $13

Turn: 3:spade: ($73.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, KolpakiN bets $42, Hero folds

Final Pot: $113

KolpakiN wins $113 ( won +$35 )
      Hero lost -$36.00
  • 3 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I think that it is not a good move to call the raise on the flop and then fold to a bet on a blank turn.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      I don't like your betsizing on the flop. When I 3bet for the first time I want it to sting so I cbet big, and I get a ton more folds than if I cbet about half pot in which case they float all the time with whatever garbage they have and the hand becomes very hard to play.

With that said, as played I would just fold to the minraise. You have no reads so you don't know what he defends 3bets with. It could be a 5 trying to milk you, it could be a T trying to see where he's at, could be a flush draw. So either shove or fold, and I don't really like shoving at this point, although you will have a crazy image.
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Early on, I would c-bet bigger because with your small bet you might have induced a raise by him but you don't know if he is capable of doing this and you have some showdown value.

Given the tiny raise, our backdoorflush and (discounted) 2pair/trips outs, you have to call that tiny raise but I would fold to a bigger raise because most of the time you are in a way behind/slightly ahead situation.