This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

nl100 3bet pot

• srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      this is the third hand of the match . i dont have history with him so treat him as an unknown

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN KolpakiN ($103.00)
      BB Hero ($97.00)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BB 8:club: T:club:
      KolpakiN raises to $3, Hero raises to $10, KolpakiN calls $7

Flop: 5:club: 5:diamond: T:diamond: ($21.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $13, KolpakiN raises to $26, Hero calls $13

Turn: 3:spade: ($73.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, KolpakiN bets $42, Hero folds

Final Pot: $113

KolpakiN wins $113 ( won +$35 )
      Hero lost -$36.00
  • 3 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I think that it is not a good move to call the raise on the flop and then fold to a bet on a blank turn.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      I don't like your betsizing on the flop. When I 3bet for the first time I want it to sting so I cbet big, and I get a ton more folds than if I cbet about half pot in which case they float all the time with whatever garbage they have and the hand becomes very hard to play.

With that said, as played I would just fold to the minraise. You have no reads so you don't know what he defends 3bets with. It could be a 5 trying to milk you, it could be a T trying to see where he's at, could be a flush draw. So either shove or fold, and I don't really like shoving at this point, although you will have a crazy image.
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Early on, I would c-bet bigger because with your small bet you might have induced a raise by him but you don't know if he is capable of doing this and you have some showdown value.

Given the tiny raise, our backdoorflush and (discounted) 2pair/trips outs, you have to call that tiny raise but I would fold to a bigger raise because most of the time you are in a way behind/slightly ahead situation.