How Long Have You been At A Limit?Time To Change Games?

• kingreigns
      kingreigns
      Bronze
      I'm just wondering how long have people been stuck at certain limits. Over a year ago i decided to take poker seriously and try to learn more and move up the limits starting at 2NL Zoom 6 max cash.

I worked my way up to 10NL by the end of December last year.I have since been stuck there,there was one or two 25NL shots once i had just under $700 but after the 2nd shot i dropped down to 10NL again and a mega downswing begun.

I got coaching off a team poker stars pro and it was great and made me a better player but even that couldnt tame the madness.Awhile ago my acc reached $300 and i switched from zoom to normal tables and its been pretty similar.

Whats your experience with this sort of thing?I'm trying to figure out if i should like switch to full ring or to maybe sit and gos or PLO.

Any input is greatly appreciated because its been wrecking my head!!!
  • 4 replies
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      PLO dont play it if holdem is giving you tough time already , just because on limits below PLO50 the game a complete lottery....and you need 2 times the bankroll you use for NLH , hence NLH is full of reg grinders that flip for edges constantly FR and SH is a uber agressive shithanding or nitting only those two exist so my advice would be you take on tournaments and work hard on them study different styles of play as you need them all to play tourneys -SS, MS, BS, DS , though people Will say its a High variance , well it is if you play cards and not poker and remember time is your friend in tourneys, and stay away from massive player pool tourneys they are a lottery to as skill prevails in smaller fields....as for sngs they are grinder reg infested if you like flipping a lot for edges and for a capped wins go for it but i think you dont so read harrington on holdem books 1,2 and 3 and go for tournament glory :)
    • kingreigns
      kingreigns
      Bronze
      cheers for the reply.yeah im gona give the tournament buzz ago and some sit and gos.my head is just so wrecked from cash games.

like i have run so bad for what seems like forever.dont get me wrong ,i have played bad too at times and made plenty of mistakes but even with that it said its seems like i have wasted a serious amount of time and effort for nothing

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Your time has only been wasted if you have learn't nothing from all those hands you have played. You now have a level of experience and knowledge that many fish would never even begin to appreciate.

You may be down now and finding it a struggle mentally but persevere and it will all bear fruit eventually.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin
      Your time has only been wasted if you have learn't nothing from all those hands you have played. You now have a level of experience and knowledge that many fish would never even begin to appreciate.

You may be down now and finding it a struggle mentally but persevere and it will all bear fruit eventually.
      eventually, but in reality possibly never....as far as cashgames are today, everybody claiming they are tough, they are not, they are just degen spewing for rake, that statements how games are tough are just the same as santa clauses existence, in todays online poker world you have to be a late position degen and get it in bad most of time, chase micro edges and suck out in order to make profit and generate as much rake as possible and playing ridiculus amount of tables so you benefit from VIP programs because only there the money comes from as leeching from others people rake is a past which i am glad the rake is now contributed but it also made the games idiotic, degenerate and no fun at all, you have to contribute if you want to benefit from it, not everyone can be that 0.001% that actually make money from just playing good poker .