Is there something fishy going on?

• Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      The last week both Netbet and 888 have had trouble with their system and now Svenska Spel stopped working.

Even if these three is not the technically best sites it is strange that they have such severe problems at the same time. Can it be some sort of attack?
  • 23 replies
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      An attack on the state-of-the-art software of iPoker? Highly doubtful! I'd rather believe that Justin Bieber is straight and deserves to live before I'd question iPoker security :coolface:
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      Maybe some new poker bot version was released and caused instability in their systems. They're probably working on making them compatible right as we speak. :coolface:
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      Maybe some new poker bot version was released and caused instability in their systems. They're probably working on making them compatible right as we speak. :coolface:
      HAHAHHAAHAAHAHA
    • SharkeeOne
      SharkeeOne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      +9000
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      This one time I was playing at iPoker and a support chat window popped up. The operator asked me if I was using a bot. I said no. Then the operator asked me if I needed assistance with getting one. :coolface:

I'm clearly joking.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I don´t now how much credibility one should give a user on internet but on a swedish forum one user claims that he had 7500$ on his account on breakdown and when the site is up again he has 20$ on his account. The answer he is given from support gives the impression that they hardly have read his mail. It was pretty much "shit happens". Edit: No, I´m not fair. It was pretty much "It is propably your own fault".
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      If that's really the case, it IS his fault. He made the choice of playing there in the first place.

When regular poker doesn't provide you with enough adrenaline, try iPoker! You will battle hordes of bots, you will always be wondering if this is the hand in which the software will freeze or you will get disconnected, and if you hit a jackpot, you will experience the thrill of not knowing if you're going to get paid or not!

It's not just a poker room, it's an adventure! :megusta: :facepalm:
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I didnt say it was iPoker. One of this three sites.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      My mistake, but we were talking about iPoker and I assumed you were too. Well, 888 is bot-friendly too. As for the other room, never heard of it in my life.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Strictly Swedish. Two years ago their users revealed a bot-ring that had made a couple of hundred thousand dollars. The staff were completly unaware.

To me as an outsider this three sites seems to have low security and thats why I am wondering if the dark side of internet have discovered an easy prey.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      One of my co-nationals (I'm from Romania) hacked NASA a few years ago. Then he got arrested, and then he got released and hired by the secret services. (edit: he got caught because he bragged about what he did on the forums :facepalm: )

Point being: if a 16-year old from one of the poorest countries in Europe can hack NASA, iPoker should be an easy target even for his grandmother. The software is based on flash player, FFS! Not to mention some rooms on the network don't even allow passwords longer than 10 characters...
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Yeah. It wasnt iPoker that went down but Netbet, one of the rooms. And the accounts is connected to the rooms.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I play speed on ipoker and there are very few players that have even 5% chance of being bot in my mind. I think in 2011-12 there were a lot but imo most of them have been gotten rid of.

They really need to step up the software though, with pokerstars introducing shitty changes it could be a really good time to have non-monopoly situation for online poker.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      I'm sorry for being the bringer of bad news, metza, but there's even a poll thread on one of the bot forums about which profile is the best for 6max cash games. The top choice has 252 votes... out of 9 total options... And that's just for one of the bot products out there. They might not appear to be bots because they have random action time and other shit to make them look human.

Ipoker even seems to encourage this type of product through some features. Example: you are allowed to play at 10 speed tables at the same time. How many humans are likely to play 10 speed tables simultaneously? Yet you sometimes see NL5 players doing it. Dafuq?

Edit: I don't think I'm allowed to post the link to the thread here, but you can just google "shanky bot best profile vote".
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      You probably play stakes that not many bots can beat. Their inflexible strategy can only beat the lowest stakes of cash games (NL10, maybe NL20 at the very best)
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      Plus the bots are super cheap. If their creators didn't sell lots of copies monthly to make a good profit, they wouldn't bother developing and marketing them. This indicates that the number of bots at the micro tables is quite high, especially if you take into consideration their massive multi-tabling ability and the fact that they play a lot more hours than any human.
    • grbell
      grbell
      Bronze
      On November 1, netbet & 888 have to demerge their UK population due to the new UK oversight and taxation. Think that is more likely the issue than 'invasion of the bots'. Netbet was down for two days for a name change - something of this complexity will take a month.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by grbell
      On November 1, netbet & 888 have to demerge their UK population due to the new UK oversight and taxation. Think that is more likely the issue than 'invasion of the bots'. Netbet was down for two days for a name change - something of this complexity will take a month.
      Good point. But of course bots wont take down a site, it was other kind of foul play I was worrying about. But I have trouble with some players on iPoker so the discussion rouse my interest.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Bronze
      Nobody said the bots caused the recent technical problems, we were just having some good old fun.