Rake changes on pokerstars (thank god FL is not touched... yet)

• 3 replies
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      I think its rather the effect of the appearance of more and more regulated markets, where they have to pay taxes and this cuts down their profit, and they compensate with raising the rake.

I dont think they can raise the rake on FL at least not on the micros, the rake is too high there, and its even becoming less popular nowadays, if they raised the rake it wouldn't be profitable to play there anymore, and people would leave those tables.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      I think its rather the effect of the appearance of more and more regulated markets, where they have to pay taxes and this cuts down their profit, and they compensate with raising the rake.

I dont think they can raise the rake on FL at least not on the micros, the rake is too high there, and its even becoming less popular nowadays, if they raised the rake it wouldn't be profitable to play there anymore, and people would leave those tables.
      thats what they want. They are increasing rake to kick out all the regs and make it impossible to be a winning player. they want to "even out the playing field" for the fish. and another reason is they want all the profit the regs "steal" from them.
    • deralte71
      deralte71
      Bronze
      I think the worst scenario would be if they buy partypoker, then the rake will surely go up