30 november 2014, Romanian players are not allowed anymore on TitanPoker

• pbatca
      pbatca
      Bronze
      Today i recieved a strange message that is the last day when i can do a withdrawal on Titan and for now on, romanian players cant play anymore on this platform. And that after i won vip level (i worked hard), some tickets, i chased truzzle and i was about to complete it, and the worse part is that i cand reach the gold level on poker strategy. I need just 100 points more, that i am sure i could do today and tomorrow. Can anybody tell me what is happening? Is this even legal? Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey pbatca,

Unfortunately, Romania will be a victim in poker rooms' moves to eliminate operating in grey markets.

Romania is actually a black market where you can face imprisonment just for being involved in a game run by an unlicensed operator and there are no licensed operators.

Bet365 pulled out last month also. The good news is that Romania has an active lobby group called the Romanian Poker Player's Alliance who are lobbying the government for a return of Gaming laws minus the taxation.

Regards

Laz
    • black36TM
      black36TM
      Gold
      and where we can now play safely without being discriminated
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by black36TM
      and where we can now play safely without being discriminated
      It is difficult to say. There is no guarantee that other rooms may pull out of Romania at short notice.

A lot of rooms are grappling with the conditions of their UK licensing which states that an applicant must be able to justify earning more than 3% of their gross revenue from 'grey markets'. They are also looking ahead to possible US regulation which will require them to be squeaky clean.

This is more likely to be the reason rather than any pressure from the Romanian government.

Regards

Laz