nl200 trips

• srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      this is the first hand of the match
      for me his hand looks like a 9 that wants to see a cheap showdown . what do you think is the best line here ? doing a small raise or shoving ?
      $1/$2 No Limit Holdem
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN Hero ($200.00)
      BB battittou70 ($200.00)

Pre-flop: ($3, 2 players) Hero is BTN Q:heart: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $6, battittou70 calls $4

Flop: 9:diamond: Q:spade: Q:club: ($13, 2 players)
      battittou70 checks, Hero bets $8, battittou70 calls $8

Turn: 3:club: ($29, 2 players)
      battittou70 checks, Hero bets $22, battittou70 calls $22

River: 6:spade: ($73, 2 players)
      battittou70 bets $36, Hero raises to $99, battittou70 calls $63
  • 4 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I like this line. Only a fullhouse beats you. I think that only fullhouse or Qx would call your shove. Since you have one Queen, Qx is not likely.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      do you always cbet that small ? I would make it 11$ on the flop and this would lead to a bigger pot after the turn.

on the river I would shove, I don't think he calls a small raise more than a shove. Also a shove might look more bluffy. If he spiked his boat on the river good for him.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      its a problem of value towning against his range . doesnt matter if he spiked the boat or not . probably a shove looks bluffier especialy in the begining of the match so i a gree with shoving
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Especially if that's the first hand of the match and you've never played with him before I would bet my big hands stronger. He has no clue about your betsizing so you can do whatever is best in this situation.

Shove is fine, if he is a donkey he might call with a 9, you stack a Q every time (instead of 60$ more) .