This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

nl200 trips

• srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      this is the first hand of the match
      for me his hand looks like a 9 that wants to see a cheap showdown . what do you think is the best line here ? doing a small raise or shoving ?
      $1/$2 No Limit Holdem
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN Hero ($200.00)
      BB battittou70 ($200.00)

Pre-flop: ($3, 2 players) Hero is BTN Q:heart: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $6, battittou70 calls $4

Flop: 9:diamond: Q:spade: Q:club: ($13, 2 players)
      battittou70 checks, Hero bets $8, battittou70 calls $8

Turn: 3:club: ($29, 2 players)
      battittou70 checks, Hero bets $22, battittou70 calls $22

River: 6:spade: ($73, 2 players)
      battittou70 bets $36, Hero raises to $99, battittou70 calls $63
  • 4 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I like this line. Only a fullhouse beats you. I think that only fullhouse or Qx would call your shove. Since you have one Queen, Qx is not likely.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      do you always cbet that small ? I would make it 11$ on the flop and this would lead to a bigger pot after the turn.

on the river I would shove, I don't think he calls a small raise more than a shove. Also a shove might look more bluffy. If he spiked his boat on the river good for him.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      its a problem of value towning against his range . doesnt matter if he spiked the boat or not . probably a shove looks bluffier especialy in the begining of the match so i a gree with shoving
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Especially if that's the first hand of the match and you've never played with him before I would bet my big hands stronger. He has no clue about your betsizing so you can do whatever is best in this situation.

Shove is fine, if he is a donkey he might call with a 9, you stack a Q every time (instead of 60$ more) .