Newbie here

• MaverickUK2k
      MaverickUK2k
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm new here, as you can probably tell. I'm really interested in using the tools available on here to get myself in a better place in regards to my poker skill/ability and was referred here by a streamer.

I want to access the videos etc and would be willing to pay, however i was hoping i could check out the quality of the articles/videos first, so i thought i'd take up the free $45 offer on PKR to get me started on unlocking the content - but for some reason, it says i still need to "Choose your poker room", although i've already registered etc (not sure if i needed to enter a code?).

What's up, how come it is still asking me to choose a poker room, when i already have registered and downloaded the client and logged in?

Hope someone can help, i'm looking forward to unlocking this content goodness.

Edit: Also i didn't get the $10 free on PKR :(

Thanks in advance,
      Nick.
  • 6 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi Nick,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I've checked your data and it looks like you haven't entered your PKR username in your profile yet. This is essential in order for us to send you the free poker money. Here's the download guide where you should enter your username:

PKR - Download guide

Once you have done this, we should hopefully be able to send you your free money soon :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • MaverickUK2k
      MaverickUK2k
      Bronze
      Tino, thanks so much for the help, sorted it now. I didn't realise that box was on that page at the bottom - perhaps it should be near the top of the page so people, like me who skim-read, will not be so stupid.

Also, what are the advantages for subscribing to PS?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      You're very welcome :)

The main advantage to earning StrategyPoints here at PokerStrategy.com is the access to our learning materials such as strategy articles, videos and coachings. The more StrategyPoints you earn, the higher your status will be and the more content there will be available to you. You can also learn more about how this works exactly on this page:

Status & Points system

In addition, the higher your status, the more hand evaluations you will be able to post here on the forum (if this is something you're interested in) for our judges to comment on.

Hopefully this has given you a bit of an explanation. If anything is still unclear or if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
    • MaverickUK2k
      MaverickUK2k
      Bronze
      Awesome, thanks again, really appreciate it.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      No worries at all, we're here to help :)
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      I can't help you out in any way, just want to say Welcome :)