Northern Monkey Got To Keep His Bitches In Dough

• shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Good morning,

Ive recently done a 9 man turbo stt challenge wich is near completion, SNG Challenge

That challenge was to basically get me to playing 25 tables wich I did successfully, and to move me forward in my new approach for grinding, the plan was to up the table count ready for a new challenge in the 6max turbo stt,s, everything went successful apart from some software issues wich thankfully have been sorted.

This new challenge is based on some good people trusting me and encouraging me to start playing a little higher than I normally do, hence the title of the blog, im obviously the monkey and there the BITCHES, so I gather you will see this is a joint venture wich gives me the motivation to succed, this challenge will consist of a 2month period starting at the $1.50 level and I shall move up to whatever stakes my roll deems me to.

There is a possibility of a new venture for me within poker for next year so this challenge is even more motivating, I not only have to keep me BITCHES happy (although they arnt worried one bit if I fail) but I have to be able to have the believe for next year I can do this sort of volume and consistency to take my huge step forward.

I also started a blog on HUD,S - Is poker beatable without a HUD?

Now I personally cannot use a HUD - god know I have tried, but I also seem to fail with them, they just really slow my descicion making down, so this challenge will also consist of not using a HUD, I know I could possibly be losing a lot of value not using one, but it is what it is.

So this has gotten long winded (\/ ste) so I shall reframe from typing anything else, time get started and see what happens.

All the best shane
  • 34 replies
      Bronze
      First, get to work... youlaxymofopppagonnerbitchsmackyou
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      In it to win it!
      Look forward to 2 month ride - GL and crush them all!
    • TheFireBeard
      TheFireBeard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      (although they arnt worried one bit if I fail)
      Dude, the money I gave you was supposed to go towards feeding my young family. If this investment doesn't work out, we'll be out on the streets. :coolface:

Haha but seriously good luck mate, I know you'll crush these games as you have so many times before. Looking forward to seeing the results :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      As the judge, jury and executioner watches over you. :evil:
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      thx for the well wishes guys \o
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      GL, although can't imagine this being anything but successful!

3prs
    • MihaiMoigradan
      MihaiMoigradan
      Bronze
      Loved your SNG Challenge. I'll definitely subscribe to this one.

Good luck.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Slight change of plan, with some debate amongst fellow players I have decided to start incorporating the use of a HUD, I have never been able to adjust to using a HUD but its time I did, obviously with this being a new experience to me I shall be cutting my tables down drastically to accommodate this.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Been using my HUD today, and I have to confess its opening my eyes a lot, I have made plays I would never have done 24 hours ago, im still learning but I,am starting to feel a lot better about my game, heres a little hand I played a lot different to what I would normally have played, and this is due to the HUD, feedback on this hand would we more than welcome (just to see if I played it correctly.

the one note I would add, I reshoved because his 3bet stats were 33% - this a good play or not?

*** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to ONEDROP [8s As]
      bojandav: folds
      jordan198181: folds
      ONEDROP: raises 100 to 200
      darkhymn11: raises 100 to 300
      ONEDROP: raises 1430 to 1730 and is all-in
      darkhymn11: calls 1430
      *** FLOP *** [Jh 6s 2d]
      *** TURN *** [Jh 6s 2d] [3c]
      *** RIVER *** [Jh 6s 2d 3c] [8h]
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      ONEDROP: shows [8s As] (a pair of Eights)
      darkhymn11: shows [Ah 6d] (a pair of Sixes)
      ONEDROP collected 3460 from pot
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Hi Shane

Couple of things missing in this hand to analyze it properly

1) What are the stack sizes from all the opponents including yours
      2) On how many hands from BB was his 3 bet % taken from?

Both of these things are crucial to analyzing the hand properly.

In vacuum , without any reads, when people do these click 3 bets they are not folding to 4 bets which means you are getting close to if not 100% of time with their 3 bet range. So in this case you need to determine correctly his nai 3 bet and 4 bet stacking off range to determine your 4 bet shoving range.
      There is no set answer that applies always. So this spot is very interesting (like most spots!) and can vary from 4 betting on your end AA all the way to ATC depending on opponents fold to 4 bet shove and his 4 bet call range .

Hope that helps!
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      1st week completed, with starting to use a HUD my volume has been low, for obvious reasons because HUD,s and me have been very abscent, but im getting there and the table count is climbing steady, I must admit using a HUD has certainly opened my eyes to the things I have been doing wrong, and also using HRC to its full potential has opened my eyes, I took 3 days out and did nearly 36 hours study of both HRC/HUD use and I feel I have improved a massive amount as a poker player, really looking forward to next week so I can hopefully get upto 10+ tables and get some volume in to see were I stand in these games.

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Great second half. :s_cool: Crushing like a bawss :s_thumbsup:
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Cheers lazza, coincidence or not that's were me using a HUD started, least the 36 hours study worked from there lol.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by shanesmith
      Cheers lazza, coincidence or not that's were me using a HUD started, least the 36 hours study worked from there lol.
      So that means a pretty sick ROI in that subset. :s_o:
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      ermm yes about 35% lol
      Bronze
      Well done monkey boy. 250 games with putting in a lot of study and turning around a little down start I think is really impressive. Keep up the good work Gailon.

Regards

Charlton

• IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Climbing up !
      Happy to hear about 36 hours study.It is best possible investment in poker, investing in your knowledge/education.
      Keep on crushing!
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      2nd week update.

Had a decent week, starting to get the volume up to were I want, just probably need to play a few more hours a day to get more in, also started using my blended bankroll approach wich gives me sensible shots at the next limit up, that shot has gone pretty good so far, imo the player base at the $3.50,s are no different to the $1.50,s so im feeling pretty comfortable at the moment.

My main goals for the coming week is to get established more in the $3.50,s and try and get abit more volume in, until then run good all :)

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Y U ALWAYS START WITH DOWNSWING ?(