[Coaching] Flatline to Life

• Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach

Flatline to Life – Winrate boosting!

There are many players who play hours after hours but can’t rise above being breakeven. Winnings graph looks like a flatline. Are you one of those? Quess what?

You don’t have to be!

Coach Kyyberi will work with one member, who is ”breakeven regular” at micros. Instead of normal coaching session, member will send Kyyberi some handhistories and write down what he thinks are his biggest leaks. In the coaching they will go through the leak spots that Kyyberi has found and see if the member’s own estimations were correct. In the end Kyyberi will show how to instantly boost winrate!

If you are a breakeven player, this is a great opportunity to learn. Normally when the coach plays, he doesn’t get to the spots where you find yourself all the time. Now you can see how the coach approaches all those difficult spots and leaks.

If you are a winning player, don’t worry! In this coaching you will find out what are some of the common problem spots for all those breakeven regulars, so you can exploit them even more!

Information

Target group: all small&mid stakes PLO players
      Time: Thursday 4th of December, 21:00 CET

Application

You need to have Skype and working microphone/headset and you are willing to talk with Kyyberi during the public coaching. Hand histories need to be PT4 compatible. Post your graph from the current stakes with EV-adjusted winnings to this thread. Among the suitable applicants one is selected randomly and another one as a backup. Both will send their hand histories to Kyyberi and should be ready when the coaching starts.

Your privacy will be respected, your nickname will not be shown if you request so.
  • 28 replies
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      pritty cool so this is this Thursday? how many sessions u plan with this member?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It's not this Thursday. The actual date is still yet to decide, hopefully in this November. Depends on how fast I can find a member to this. At the moment this will be one session, but depending on interest and applicants there might be more.
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      i mean i would do it :f_biggrin:
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrTrocks
      i mean i would do it :f_biggrin:
      You don't play micros :P
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      define micros? till ? plo 50 :D
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      The thing is that to be able to host this coaching, I need a student for it. I know for sure that we have members that play at micros (below PLO50) that are struggling to get their winrate up. This is a great opportunity for someone to get instant advises to increase winrate.
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      i know and i found it a great idea. I ask a friend of mine how grinds plo 5 and 10 and he has some massive leaks. Maybe he shows up.

If u dont find somebody I really would do it and we could discuss about some stuff / situations.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      MrTrocks, sure if no one else wants to learn you are up for the spot. I just doubt that you have a green flatline in your graphs. ;)
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Basically i have a flatline (less than 2 bi up) in PLO25, but on the other hand i have played only 3k hands so far. :D
      Mostly i've been just trying to get hang of it (new stakes) so i don't know is there any real educational value in those hands.. :(

Because of that, i believe there are lots of people who might be a better choice to this format, but if none shows up i can consider to try it out.
    • Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Black
      maybe go to the german forums and post it there, there are quite a few struggling micro players i believe
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks for the tip.
    • JePhx
      JePhx
      Silver
      Hi Kyyberi,
      maybe I am a person you are searching for. I play PLO quite a while but I think I am to stupid to move away from PLO2.
      I had a coaching with Skodljivec 10 Month ago but then I felt back to my "bad patterns": playing Poker while watching videos/films or do sth. else. Then I switched between Zoom and Regular Tables, Tournaments and Spin&Gos. None of them good.
      This Month I wanted to restart playing "the right way". Focus on 4 Tables, no videos or anything else. Just concentrate on the action at the tables.

Here my graph from November:

My stats are VPIP 16,79; PFR 8,49 and 3Bet 5,35.

I can´t tell you my biggest leak, because at the moment I am searching for it by myself.

It would be fine if you choose me to help me out.

Thx JePhx

• MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      Hey JePhx, GOOD BOY :D

nice that u try to take this chance. What i know about ure game is that u have some preflop and in generel u have to work on ure postflop game. So good luck maybe Kyyberi choose u

• Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      JePHx, thanks for reply. I sent you an invitation via community tool.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      That's a nice idea for a coaching, I'm looking forward to watching it! :f_love: GL, JePhx!

(I don't think I can apply myself because 1) I'm a losing player, so a yellow flatline would be a goal, not the starting point :f_biggrin: , 2) I have once been Skod's Hero, though that coaching record hasn't been released yet :f_mad: , so I can't ask the community for too much, 3) I'm not sure if coaching for online PLO will be applicable in my future 'career'.)
    • anekdoten01
      anekdoten01
      Bronze
      Hi Kyyberi can I contact you by skype? I'm interested in some hours of coaching but my english isn't so good, and I can't hear very well but if you write through skype I can catch the idea, you think that we can do a coach?
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Hi, anekdoten01! Kyyberi has a special thread for private coaching requests, where the pricing is also listed. Mind that, as per Pokerstrategy rules, you'll have to add him as a friend in the community tool to get his Skype handle (unless you know it already).

I'm sorry to hear about your hearing problems... he can type pretty fast, but it's certainly going to be slower than a normal voice call :f_frown:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I am hijacking my own thread!

Yes, I am sure we can find a way to do coaching. You can contact me via Skype, but per PS rules Skype addresses should not be shared in open forum. So add me as a friend in community tool and we can work from there. I know that adding friends in community tool has a lot of bugs, so if you can't add me in 24h just reply to this thread.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Ok, the coaching is set. We will have this on next Thursday which is 20th of this month. 21:00 CET, see you all there!