problems at 3/6 on FullTilt

• danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

I've started play Fixed Limit in June 2008.
      From 0.25/0.50 Short-Handed on FTilt and at the beginning there were a lot of problems :D

Of course I spend my time watching videos and discuss hands (non too much here... but in the Italian Forum) and at last I start to win regular. :P

I've always played with stats 23/16/2.50 and I've seen that it is easy to win ( if you aren't unlucky :D )

So now I'm playing 3/6 with solid BR... but I have some problems.

1. for example there are a lot of maniacs and I get confused a lot ;( ?(
      I tilted sometimes X(

2. People are really aggressive and more loose.

So, is it possible to win having this stats at 3/6 ?
      What do you advice me ?

I'm ready to modify my open-raising charts :P to play more hands.

On 3/6 I've played 10K hands only and I know is not enough ( I get very unlucky many many times... a lot of big pairs crashed to the maniacs :( It's really unbelieveble )
      I should play another 10K hands with these stats and solid TAG style ... and see what happens, hoping that unluck finish :evil:

But I should know if you have any starting hands ( slightly loose ) for 3/6+ ???

For Example:
      I raise in first position (MP2) with this range:
      66+, ATo+, A8s+, KQo, KTs+, QTs+, JTs

Is too much tight ?
      Do you advice me sometimes raise with 44 or T9s from MP2 for example ?

Thanks a lot
  • 12 replies
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I don't play those stakes, but from what I hear "the most profitable game" has become more loose. at other sites I'm reading that 32/25 kinda stats are the new 23/18 :P

I don't think it's very "range-based" though, but more opponent based. isolating weak players with a lot of hands, raising more from BTN and CO against blinds who fold much preflop or postflop.

At this very moment I paused a video from a training site, on the left table he's openraising J5s, on the right table he's raising JTs on the BTN after 2 limpers.

But then again, many roads lead to Rome, and if you multitable a lot of tables this loose style might be a bit hard to do.
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      I play 3 tables.
      Sometimes only 2 tables. Of course I do a great table selection ( and seat selection :) )
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi danielasso,

I'm not used to FTP but it is possible to win at 3/6$. ;) (I'm myself a constant winner there.)

I dot think that you need to get looser on these limits yet as it's harder to play so you can make more mistakes and the rake is high on these limits as well and with a higher VPIP you pay more rake which may turn you into a break even player.

@G1lius: Your two examples are how to not play right? Rasing JTs after two limpers is extremly stupid in my opinion. :D
      Which training site do you mean?
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith

I'm not used to FTP but it is possible to win at 3/6$. ;) (I'm myself a constant winner there.)
      Where do you play ?
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      @G1lius: Your two examples are how to not play right? Rasing JTs after two limpers is extremly stupid in my opinion. :D
      Which training site do you mean?
      stoxpoker by Bryce Paradis, a multi-million online winner, so I do think he knows what he is talking about.

The topic was 'winning pots in no showdown', so he might have adjusted his range a bit there.

The J5s is just a bit of a looser openingrange against tight players to his left, plus the fact people in low-limits (he was playing 2/4) don't 3-bet that much, and don't adjust if you're raising more, and the fact tight players play less or more fit or fold postfop.
      His comment on the JTs hand: both his opponents have a pretty wide range (both vpip of 60+) and he's in possition. Even if he just flops a top pair of tens or jacks, he would often be good against their ranges.
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Why then in the silver chart it says to raise JTs after two limpers? I don't understand anything anymore. X(
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adr0001
      Why then in the silver chart it says to raise JTs after two limpers? I don't understand anything anymore. X(

I assume he must have been joking, although the joke is a bit obscure!
      Give me the button and I'll be raising 87s after two limpers!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      But TheBryce can't be compared to us in any way. He's probably the best LHE player ever.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      But TheBryce can't be compared to us in any way. He's probably the best LHE player ever.
      This!

If you start playing JTs you will lose money in any case. You didn't mention all reasons why he played that hand in his specific situation and I understood it as you say that this should be a standard play.

Raising a hands preflop just because you will be ahead with a pair is not a reason to raise it as you won't make that pair often enough etc..

@danielasso: I play at PP only at the moment.
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      This!

If you start playing JTs you will lose money in any case. You didn't mention all reasons why he played that hand in his specific situation and I understood it as you say that this should be a standard play.

Raising a hands preflop just because you will be ahead with a pair is not a reason to raise it as you won't make that pair often enough etc..

But adr0001 is right... raising JTs against two limpers IS standard in the silver chart.
      And to be honest, if two people limp in front of you, I kinda expect them to have a pretty high vpip anyway.

Raising hands because we will be ahead if we hit a pair IS a reason imo. That's why we raise AK and AQ, etc. If we see a showdown unimproved multiway, we're not likely ahead with those hands.
      That's why we don't raise 55 in this scenario, because even if we got a same amount of equity preflop, if we don't hit a set, we're not likely ahead.

I don't think Bryce's skillset really matters, he obv. has a bigger edge postflop, but that doesn't mean that it can't be +EV to do for players like us.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Limping JTs would be better than raising in that spot.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by G1lius
      This!

But adr0001 is right... raising JTs against two limpers IS standard in the silver chart.
      And to be honest, if two people limp in front of you, I kinda expect them to have a pretty high vpip anyway.

Raising hands because we will be ahead if we hit a pair IS a reason imo. That's why we raise AK and AQ, etc. If we see a showdown unimproved multiway, we're not likely ahead with those hands.
      That's why we don't raise 55 in this scenario, because even if we got a same amount of equity preflop, if we don't hit a set, we're not likely ahead.

I don't think Bryce's skillset really matters, he obv. has a bigger edge postflop, but that doesn't mean that it can't be +EV to do for players like us.
      Lol that is really new to me. I will ask why JTs is raised there. Maybe it indeed has an equity edge.

AK/AQ is raised because we have an equity edge for sure and for highcard value. We are ahead unimproved in a 3-way way more often than with JTs so this is a reason.
      I agree about 55. It poften has a small equity edge but this won't last very often after we saw a flop.

A lot advanced plays may be +EV for the high limit players but not for us. Not pnly because we have a lower postflop edge but because their opponent plays different as well.

EDIT: My first answer was a bit rude. I did not mean to offent you G1lius. Sorry if it looked like that. :)