Do i succeed or is my tilt problems going to kill me? BR challange!

• Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Hello!
      My name is Tobias and i am a 20 years old guy from Sweden. I have been playing poker for almost 3 years and i am playing on the Swedish network most of the time. (Still playing in the micro stakes)

Iam creating this Thread cause i need motivation and need to improve my self control cause it happends very often that i tilt away alot of money. 1 Bad beat and i can go from 0.5-1 SEK to 5-10 SEK. So thats my biggest problem and iam so tired of it. :facepalm:

And also to show my succes Or fail ofcourse :f_rolleyes:

Sorry for my really bad English but i hope you understand atleast something that i write^^

Here is my graph for this years:

This is mostly 0.5-1 and 1-2 SEK but the peaks that goes down is from 5-10 up to 15-30 SEK.

Challange: Build a BR from 1000 ->100.000 SEK ( 135$ -> 13550$) and my goal is to do that before the end of 2015.

Will post weekly graphs and a few hands sometimes.

And if i tilt i have to show it, and i dont wanna show that shit but that will be my punishment! :f_cool:

If you want me to change anything like only explain in $ or if you dont understand something just write it :D

GL everyone!
  • 13 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogs Tobias!

Your post sounds very familiar to a lot of players I expect, but starting a blog gives you some control and accountability for your actions. Let's face it, nobody wants to post tilt sessions! :f_eek:

That's a nice graph by the way, so cut the tilt bits out and you'll need a taller one! :s_cool:

Oh and your English is just fine, so don't be concerned there.

So, good luck and no punishment posts please, just nice steady climbing up! :s_thumbsup:

Regards,

Mal.
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      @gadget Thanks man! Will do my best :f_tongue:

I have actually decided to make this blog into a challange,
      My goal is to build a BR from 1000 -> 100.000 SEK (135$ -> 13550$)

My biggest enemy is myself and my own emotions, If i hold my BRM and stakes i should play i think i will reach my goal before the end of 2015. BUT i hope i can grow up and not tilt like i use to do. :f_cool:

Will do a few updates every week and also monthly report.

GL at the tables everyone! :f_love:

BR: 1000 SEK (135$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      I have been busy the last days so haven't played anything at all, and today i only played for 1H... So i have to play much more! But atleast 4bi + first session of the challange :f_smile:

BR: 1214 SEK (164$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Hello people! Still low volume since i started this blog :s_mad:

Funny hand vs a fish, happends all the time :f_cool:

Boss, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $37.32 (74.6 bb)
      CO: $70.77 (141.5 bb)
      BTN: $80.92 (161.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $88.24 (176.5 bb)
      BB: $91.64 (183.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      CO posts BB OOP, MP folds, CO checks, BTN calls $0.50, Hero raises to $3.50, BB folds, CO calls $3, BTN folds

Flop: ($8) K Q 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero raises to $10, CO calls $6

Turn: ($28) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $18.50, CO calls $18.50

River: ($65) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $56.24, CO calls $38.77

Results:
      $142.54 pot ($3.56 rake)
      Final Board: K Q 4 6 6
      CO showed 6 J and won $138.98 ($68.21 net)
      Hero showed Q K and lost (-$70.77 net)

Graph so far....... Atleast + so i shouldn't complain :f_mad:

BR: 1246 SEK (169$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Played 1 more session after my update today and that was a good one atleast, I cant play tomorrow or saturday but on sunday i'll play more :f_thumbsup:

Hope to move up to NL14$ before the end of next week!

BRM:
      NL7$ -> 339$ ~~ NL50 -> 2500 SEK
      NL14$ -> 949$ ~~ NL100 -> 7000 SEK
      NL27$ -> 2711$ ~~ NL200 -> 20000 SEK
      NL54$ -> Will probably talk to someone or get a coach to conquer this stake.

Odd and wierd numbers because of the convert from SEK to USD :rage:

Always move down if i loose 4 BI on the next stake. That's my plan now in the beginning :f_ugly:

BR: 1555 SEK (210$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Hello, short weekly update now. :f_thumbsup:
      Now i've done this challange for 1 week and i'm disapointed about my volume but result wise it has been ok compared to the volume.

BR: 1729 SEK (234$).

• Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      Some good looking graphs there mate.
      I agree that tilt is a horrible thing. Just try to stay calm because everyone goes on a downswing, it's just the nature of the beast that is poker.
      Would just like to know what is the equivalent to NL50 SEK in $ thanks

Oh and good luck. I'm sure you will make your goal!
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      @Bullettooth12
      Thanks man! :)
      Yeah i have to do that, one bad thing i do is to check graph while i'm playing. Never fun to see the graph drop a few BIs. But now i have BRM written down here in the blog so i have to follow it! :f_thumbsup:

1 $ = 7,3 SEK So NL50 SEK ~~ NL 7 $.

From now on i will start to convert everything to USD and only use that currency so you all can understand :f_grin:
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Weekly update again.

Was a really bad week, started ok the first thousands of hands. But after that i lost so many big pots, and it felt like i couldn't win anything at all, lost every AI pre and most was with AA/KK vs lower pocket or vs AK. And it hurts even more when i buy in with 200BB! But iam glad that i'm on the first stake so this didn't happend when i moved up :f_grin:
      Actually happy that i atleast stayed on ~NL7$, When i've had days like this earlier i usally move up some limits so i hope that i'm making progress with my mental game atleast :f_thumbsup:

Here is the graph for this week. :f_zZz:

BR: 1889 SEK (253$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Weekly update

This was a really bad week again, dunno wtf i'm doing. Started with a -1300BB session. Lost ~500bb on shit in 1 min then i gave away soo much more, couldn't stop so it dosen't feel good at all. Most of the opponents are calling stations with like 50-90 vpip and never folds, so when i get tilted i give away money even when i know they hit their flush on river and stuff.....

Atleast i came back from -1300BB to -500BB on week results so there is a start atlest -.-

Now i have started to buy in only with 100BB now instead of 200BB cause i feel much more confidece with 100BB even if i'll loose value cause of the deep fishes that are playing here.

BUT i have to shape up! Next week is a new week with new opportunities and even tho i'm ashamed over the start i know i will impress on you guys later, just wait and see! :f_wink:

Sorry for the whine and sad posts i've done since i started this thread!

GL everyone :f_cool:

BR: 1640 SEK ( 220$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Last days have been really good so now i got a big BR enought to step up to ~NL14$, if i loose 4 BI there i will go back down again.

Graph since monday:

Graph since start of the thread:

~ NL7$ took way longer time then i expected but now it's done atleast, Not so good looking graph cause of the tilt (-1300BB session).

Now it's time for gym then work so i'm going to play my first hands at ~NL14$ tomorrow :f_grin:

GL!

BR: 2516 SEK ( 338$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Weekly report

Last week was the best so far after starting this thread, felt like I played easy and didn't do so many misstakes. But I am way to result oriented and need to learn to not check the graph while playing, so i've much to work with.

And i'm planning to buy The Mental Game Of Poker also, have heard so many good things about it (them).

Here is the graph on last week:

BR: 3511 SEK ( 467$).
    • Sjoogren
      Sjoogren
      Bronze
      Weekly report again, last week i played like 5 hours so my volume is still so bad. Need to play much more every week if i wanna climb the stakes. Atleast the BR are going up but it's to slow.

Goal for the 2,5 remaning weeks this year:

* Play 10K hands every week, ( 10k hands takes ~ 20H).
      * Reach NL27$ Before the end of the year.

Here is graph for last week:

BR: 4280 SEK ( 568$).