[NL2-NL10] NL4 freeplay with monsterdraw

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $160,00
      Hero:
      $108,00

2,00/4,00 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 3:spade: . CO posts a blind of $4,00.
      5 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero checks.

villian unkown

Flop: ($10,00) 3:diamond: , 5:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10,00, CO calls $10,00.

I think this is a monsterdraw, so I bet, perhaps a bit high, but i want that he folds any kind of overcard and also as a result of multitaling, dont think this is a big mistake here.
        c/r is also possibel.

how i can decide which line is the best one against unkwon?
        perhaps c/r is more agressive and I can get more hands to fold or can create a big pot with my monster draw.

so the c/r would be much better here.

Turn: ($30,00) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $18,00, CO raises to $52,00, Hero folds.

after my flop bet, i have to c-bet the turn. but i cant call this raise, can I?
        what could he have? FD + OC, straight, straight draw, higher pair. but i think with a higher stack its no fault to fold here, isnt it?

Final Pot: $100,00
  • 6 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Any reason to pay blinds with 27BB?
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      not enough tables, weak oppenents and after the Blinds there are just 102$ left.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      OK, SSS is best played with smaller stack, but you already know that, and given your status I would say you have enough skill to pull it off. So lets take a few things into consideration. Firstly, you can see alot of hands as the blinds don't bother you anymore, so you can relax, and observe how the chum are playing, and look for good spots to isolate or squeeze. Secondly you can steal a little looser, since you face mostly chum and can afford to give up to aggression and be no worse off then when you sat down. Thirdly you need a new BB goal, say 40, you want to leave when you double your stack. And lastly you will have to seriously ask yourself if you have the post-flop skillz to make it work.
      So in this hand I have 2 options: uber agressive and try to get my double through now, or passive and tricky willing to smallbet my stack down to 20BB before giving up
      Option 1: I bet full PS every street and push all-in if I get re-raised, pushing the river regardless of board. I would prefer this option if my T was Q+ or a 4. This is a very laggy option, but hey, without many tables where are you gonna go? And you can always reload.
      Option 2: I block-bet 1/2 PS or c/c the flop. I prefer to c/c as you have nothing to protect. If I c/c and villian bets then I c/c the turn again or c/r improved. If villian checks behind then I block bet the turn or valuebet improved. In any case I fold to donkbetting unimproved. If I am at the river I evaluate. Unimproved I can bluff oop or c/c again and hope my low pair holds up. Improved I want to valuebet enough to put me over my 40BB target.
      Hope this helps you
      Personally I would take option 1, but I am a little crazy :D
      Happy chum hunting
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would play c/r HUGE on the Flop

Then the pot is like big enough on the turn and you can shove accordingly then. :)
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I would play c/r HUGE on the Flop

Then the pot is like big enough on the turn and you can shove accordingly then. :)
      thats what i mentiont in my text. I think this would be better, then only bet. Lets see what the judges say.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      c/r flop should be best

on the turn i would go for c/c because co poster can call the flop with a 4 and i dont want to run into a c/r on the turn. after his raise i would call and fold river unimproved, donking made flush. i think your flush outs are most likely clean.