Regrinding A Roll From Nothing (Or Close To!)

• PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. :D

Iv been playing poker for fun for about 6 years and parttime close to 3. In the past iv been a winning player up to 200nl and have also been a reasonable winner playing small/mid stakes and a couple of highstakes MTTs.

My main problem though is cashing out my roll and spending it on pretty much crap/luxury things that I dont need, which has led me now to being busto (I recently spent my last bit of money on a ski holiday for next month).

With no job right now (hopefully get some part time work soon) and just ~$37 I plan to be quite aggressive with my BRM and try to move up quickly and rebuild my roll.

The point of this blog for me is to keep me focused on grinding my roll back, improve by posting some HH and hopefully meet some cool people on the forums!

I started last night just playing some 2nl and then when I hit $50 started playing 4nl today.
      Will likely have a few BI shot at 10nl when I hit $100 and then shot take whenever im over 20BIs for the current stake afters.

[img]http://postimg.org/image/4pchar6x7/[/img]

Hopefully some rungood inc. :f_cool:
  • 11 replies
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Roll currently at: $70.57
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Silver
      Nice graph.
      How long did it take to do 7K hands?
      Do you multi table and if so how many?
      Keep it going and good luck
      Mark
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Ty Mark, Not long really, a couple of small sessions yesterday and today, the plan is to 9-12 table up till about 50nl then drop to 4 or 6.

On another note Iv received some backing to play on a us site for mid/highstakes MTTs, Im allowed to play pretty much everything apart from the $500 highroller on Sunday although I can still try to sat into that. Hopefully this will add chunks to my roll much quicker!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PennyStacker,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Definitely following this. You obviously know your way around the tables, so I'm hoping to see some really good stuff happening (including huge giraffes) :tongue:

Speaking of giraffes, you can display graphs in your posts if you upgrade to bronze status. This is as simple as taking advantage of one of our free money offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool. You will also be able to post images and graphs directly into your posts, as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

The free money may even be handy if you hit a downswing (hope not).

If there is anything you would like to ask us, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Have fun

Laz
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Sweet, I'm always down for some free money! Just got the winner account, thanks!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PennyStacker,

Awesome. :) If you don't see any money and/or status change within 72 hours, let us know and we'll look into it for you.

Regards

Laz
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Nice one Laz!

4nl went decent today

[img]http://postimg.org/image/cv0stl9gp/[/img]

so far

[img]http://postimg.org/image/6nvgy8mzv/[/img]

Playing some MTTs tonight, think a $109 and 6-7 other $22-$55s

Bankroll: 101.48

Blasting a few BIs at 10nl tomorrow!
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Silver
      Good luck with tonight.
      Maybe win another ski holiday at the MTT's.

Cheers
      Mark
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      The $30 didn't run due to not enough runners and not meeting the gtd. there was only a $11 running at same time so I skipped a few and decided to play a little 10nl while watching
      Peaky Blinders... If you've not seen it, its def worth a watch

The series finale was amazing!

Lost a couple of big pots but ended the first 10nl session up a bit under a BI.

Regged in a $30 6max turbo, $30 10k gtd and a $109 15k gtd.

Thats all for tonight getting kind of late!

Bankroll: $108.52
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Yesterday was a busto MTT wise, hero'd off my stack on 432hh with 20bbs in the $109 with Ac4s btn vs bb. vil x/r flop and jams 9 blank turn, played quite a bit with vil and my thoughts is he reshoves all pairs pre given stacks as we have seen him rejam T8s vs me for similar stacks previously he does not defend super wide so doubt he has 23/34/24s so its prob like A5 and maybe 56s (he may even fold that pre!) and then a bunch of draws etc... in the end he has the good old 22. WP. :O

Back at 10nl today, I think its day 3 now since I started rebuilding my roll at 2nl with $37 and its going alright, some swings today.. We lost a ~400bb pot we won a ~300bb pot but finished up close over +6BIs.

Iv not played 10nl in a while but there is a pretty big difference imo between 2nl/4nl and 10nl. Seems everyone is so much squeeze/spazz happy, its pretty cringing watching the hands people are doing it with when in some spots its obv a clear flat or just wtf fold pre!

I could see there being a bit more variance than I anticipated but we'll see, as long as I keep running like we are it should be no problem!

http://s30.postimg.org/ksk3srh71/3days.jpg

Bankroll: $171.01
    • PennyStacker
      PennyStacker
      Basic
      Decided not to grind MTTs in the end tonight as im playing a pretty big schedule tomorrow with the 215s and 109s etc will prob be a ~5am+ (hopefully later if we go deep!) finish so gunna get a early night.

Put in a small session and won another ~4BIs at 10nl, ran pretty good and won 4 flips 2x AK>JJ QQ>AK and a KK>AQs and also got in QJs on T9s4s vs middle set and we bink river! making it close to a 10BI day today! :f_cool: putting our roll at 202.57!!

Again blasting 2BIs at 25nl tomorrow as we hit our target of $200..

At this rate 200nl by the end of the week? Will we bust it by then when our run good ends? Who knows!!... Stay tuned!

http://s1.postimg.org/3klsjblgr/Day.jpg