Question about Fantasy Football

• AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      I recently found out about Fantasy Football and it seems like a good opportunity for some extra income. However, I tried signing up at 2 different sites and they both only accept american and canadian players only for real money leagues.

Is this the case for all of the fantasy football sites out there? If not, can someone link me to a site that accepts other countries as well?

I could probably play by changing my IP address, but then I might have problems withdrawing. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you in anticipation for your time.

Edit: I'd also prefer a site similar to FanDuel, with a lot of leagues to play daily, not just one very long league, but I'd also appreciate information about that kind of site.
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, AlphaVillain,
      First off, you realize that "football" in this case is almost certainly NFL.[1]

I am in Canada, and my belief is that Fantasy Football was dreamed up to try to make NFL worth watching. As you can see, I'm not much of a fan. :s_cry:

I do like the Canadian game though.

As for income, there are people out there for whom NFL is their *life*.

They're going to be tough to beat!

And yes, any attempt to work around the rules will almost certainly result in forfeiture of winnings.

Best of luck,
      VS

[1]It appears I'm wrong -- there are CFL FF Sites, but none I could find that were both real-money and accepted non-Canadians.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Moved the thread to eSports, because its fits better there.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      Thank you very much for your input and time, Vorpal! I appreciate it.

Fortunately, I found out that Yahoo and a few other big sites offer this service for international users, but no quick leagues, like I was hoping for. I also found some european soccer versions of fantasy sports.

I'm no fan myself to any of the 2 sports (I never even saw a real American Football game in my life, just in the movies), I just look at them as a potential source of income.

I totally agree with you that there are a lot of sport enthusiasts out there that know these sports a lot better than me, but it is my strong belief that most of the people in the world are idiots. An hour of play at NL2-NL5(the most popular stakes on the internet) or looking at your facebook news feed will confirm this.

That being said, a lot of people will bet on their favorite players instead of making logical decisions. Another category of bettors will mismanage their funds when choosing their team and, even though they will have some of the best players in their team, their other selections will perform poorly because of the low remaining budget. Then there's finally the fully logical player that will use existing statistics of the players and a few mathematical concepts to make the most +EV decisions when choosing their team.
    • Kikser1214
      Kikser1214
      Bronze
      So can anyone recommend fantasy site that is open for Europe and offers soccer, and other sports like NBA... ??

I fond one but its offers only EPL.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      This one offers soccer.

Yahoo offers lots of sports and leagues.