When the nuts is not enough (somebody's playing with me here)

• rowzee
      Titan Poker Toronto 150/300, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker
      Visit Hand HQ to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and levels.

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button (5640)
      SB (1200)
      BB [color:#C00000]Hero (1740)[/color]
      UTG [color:#C00000]UTG (710)[/color]
      UTG+1 (5710)

Preflop: Hero is in the BB with T :spade: J :club:
      UTG raises to 710, 3 folds, Hero calls 410.

Flop (1570) K :heart: Q :spade: 9 :spade:

Turn (1570) 5 :spade:

River (1570) K :spade:

Hero shows T :spade: J :club:
      UTG shows 6 :diamond: A :spade:

UTG wins 1570 with Flush (Spades) with Ace high
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      Hey rowzee,

Well to be honest this is a pretty standard hand :)

He pushes all-in with ace high and you make the odds call with JT. Its nearly a coinflop with 55% to 45% and he ends up winning it. How he ends up winning it is of course evil, since you flop the nuts and get outdrawn by the river. But then again all possible flops/turn/rivers are included in the 45% vs 55% winning chances, including a JJT flop with AA on turn and river. If the money goes in before the flop, I try to ignore the percentages on flop/turn/river - since they are essentially unimportant. The money went in before the flop, and the equity we have there is what counts.

At least you weren't the guy holding aces in this hand What a hand :D :)
    • rowzee
      Hey, thanks for the comment. I just though this a funny hand to share. And I really cannot refrain from mentally calculating the percentages on the turn and the river when I'm all-in on the flop, its like a reflex :D
    • excelgeo
      not a really interesting hand actually, he had a higher card to begin with..

dont think much of it