Hand histories

• shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      I posted this in the beginners questions but nobody responded. I hope I'll have better luck here.

Can anyone tell me how I can open the sit n go hand histories saved by Titan on my computer? It says they are in xml format, which I think is Windows spreadsheet format. Am I wrong about that?

I haven't got Exel. I have tried to open them with The spreadsheets in Open Office, Star Office (both freeware office suites and, supposedly, compatible with Microsoft Office) and Works. They always open as text documents, containing, what looks like, HTML code.

Do I need some special program to open these files?

I hope this makes sense to someone, I'm baffled.

thanks
      shuggee
  • 6 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      google "talking poker" , then go to the Ipoker hands converter.
      You will then be asked to select a tournament, these are usualy found in
      C/Poker/Titan Poker/History/Tournament/...
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      I also use Talking Poker to convert my SNG hands:

http://www.talking-poker.com/hands/converter.aspx?format=ipoker

What I usually do is I make notes of the hands that I want to take a closer look at while I'm playing together with the tournament number on the top of the tournament window. The annoying thing is that the filenames (numbers) of the hand histories are not the same as tournament numbers, so I first have to open each hand history manually to see what the tournament number of that specific tournament is which can be found inside the file.
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      Thanks very much for the responses. That Talking poker is magic.

Can I ask another question? I have heard about programs that analyse your games. I don'tknow anything about them, however. I tried downloading poker tracker from this site but, when I clicked the link it took me to the Poker Tracker website but said the page could not be found. The same thing happened when I tried the link for instructions for configuring sites other than Party Poker.

On this ( Poker Strategy) site, it says you can buy a licence for $55. When I looked at the price on the Poker Tracker site, however, it was $89.99, a significant difference when I'm not even sure if I want it.

Can anyone clarify this situation and, more importantly, tell me whether it is any good? Do I need this software and how will it help me to improve my game?

Thanks
      shuggee
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      Did you try elephant? The poker software created by the folks here at PokerStrategy?

Still has some glitches but on the whole works and will help with your stats.
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      I can't import my SNG xml files to Elephant, I heard somewhere that only cash games are supported but I might be wrong, anyone else?
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      I had the same problem importing files and I also think I read somewhere that only cash games are supported. I'm sure I read that they were updating the program to accept sit n go files. Does anyone know when this will happen?