This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Balancing. Micro's and beyond

• Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I think i made alot of mistakes related to poker in general. I used to grind the micro's all day and play around 16 tables at once. Why? Because i get bored quick. I used to play all day long, but at the end of the day i always ended up with a downswing due to lack of concentration. It was easy to just win 10 or 12 BI's at 5NL, but like i said, at the end of the day i just lost it all back. I don't know if it was tilt or maybe a lack of concentration, or maybe both. Yesterday i almost tilted my whole bankroll away. Then i started playing a 100$ HU hyper SNG that i lost. With my last 70$ i played a 50$ SNG (HU hyper) that i won. After that i again played the same $100 HU Hyper which i won. So that was the last drop for me. My BR is now at $240 i think. I played against some uber pro:

i luckboxed on a flip. He had pocket TT, and i had A9. Hit the ace on the flop.

Currently i'm still in school. I have a regular life, a normal job and a great hobby. I love poker, but also photography, movies and art. I always wanted to be a movie director or a great photographer. You can check out my portfolio if you'd like: http://www.exposured.co (most of it is in Dutch though)

So, now for the PG&C i would like to set the following goals for myself:

- Balance things up: Do things i like, don't ever drop photography because of poker, and don't play uber long sessions

- Review: Post hands and ask alot of questions

- Discipline: Don't play 16 tables at once!

- Stop loss: Stop at 3 BI's down, or 5 BI's up

- Play at least 100K hands at 5NL to see if i'm a winning player

So that's it for now :) Wish me luck!

Cheers!
  • 1 reply