Me, me and me :)

• irelia1505
      irelia1505
      Bronze
      Hello !

I just joined pokerstrategy and am waiting for my money on netbet.
      I also found out that on this page are some tasks I must do and one of the tasks says write on forum. So I am here.
      Otherwise i'm from Slovenia, i'm 20 and am a student :)
  • 6 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi irelia1505,

I'm glad that you decided to join us! Your NetBet money should arrive within 48 hours.

The tasks you mentioned are for our weekly iPad raffle. They are not mandatory in any way, but feel free to participate. It's a nice way to get acquainted with the features on our website. And who knows, maybe you'll be among our lucky winners...

What games and limits do you like to play? Do you have any prior experience with poker? Whatever the case, we have plenty of good stuff for you here.
    • irelia1505
      irelia1505
      Bronze
      Thanks for having me :)

I like to play all versions of the game really, i like sit and go, cash games, tournaments, i really enjoy the differences the type of game brings to it.
      I have a little to none experience if i'm honest, i thought maybe i start with 0.01/0.02 blinds and go from there if i happen to earn some money.
      Maybe try some tournament to expand my bankroll.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi again,

It's great to hear that you're taking bankroll management seriously. It is extremely important that you only play the games you can afford.

Being new to poker is absolutely no problem, we have all been there before. If you ever need help with some of the basics, maybe you'll find what you're looking for in these articles. Otherwise, just ask someone on the forum.

Here is an overview of our cash game lessons, if you decide that you want to stick around in this format.

If you believe that SNGs are for you, you can take a look at our beginner's strategy over here, or you could go straight to the overview of our more advanced lessons.

For tournaments, I recommend Asaban's beginner's course. This format is quite variance-heavy, though, so I'd advise you to stick to freerolls at the moment if the free $20 on NetBet is all you have.

Not all of these articles are available to you right now, but you should soon be upgraded to Bronze, and you'll also have a tracked account at NetBet, so can earn a higher status by playing.

Another thing you may want to consider is opening up a blog in our blogs section, so you can keep us updated about your progress.

Hope to see you around!
    • irelia1505
      irelia1505
      Bronze
      Hello !

Thanks for all the nice links u gave me there, I already read some of them :)

So, a few mins ago I got 10$ (i got 8.02€) from poker strategy. So I need to play with it to unlock the other money? I dont know excatly where but I saw somewhere that i can unlock more money with this bonus ?
      And if so, how much points do i need to make?

Thanks in advance
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irelia1505
      So, a few mins ago I got 10$ (i got 8.02€) from poker strategy. So I need to play with it to unlock the other money? I dont know excatly where but I saw somewhere that i can unlock more money with this bonus ?
      And if so, how much points do i need to make?
      Hi irelia,

You only receive $10 right away in your NetBet account. You need to make a deposit of $20 or more in order to unlock more money, and you'll receive a matching bonus for your deposit. Keep in mind that you'll need to enter the FREE20 promotional code when you make your deposit.

More information about this can be found on the instructions page (scroll down), or in this post.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      Welcome, Poker Strategy is one of the best places to start out, so you've made one good move :)