[NL2-NL10] NL25 AKs

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Ugly card on turn, what to do? I opted for a check behind turn and push any river, if he has the flush he's going to get my money anyway but he may bluff on the river or call with a weak ace.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $14,00
      BB:
      $14,15
      Hero:
      $4,30
      MP2:
      $25,45
      MP3:
      $33,75
      CO:
      $14,70
      BU:
      $27,10

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , K:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      BB posted big blind of just $0,10 and is all-in.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 5 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,20) A:club: , 5:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,50, BB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,20) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,20) 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,80 (All-In), BB calls $1,80.

Final Pot: $8,80
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You have a made hand(TPTK) and your goal is to put your money in the pot as soon as possible, which leads us to easy push on the turn. As you said, if he has a flush he's getting your money anyway, so there's no reasone to be passive on the turn. You could try being tricky if you had stats that he's very aggressive, but even then I'm not sure if checking on such a board would be good.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      i check turn too. villain looks fishy enough that he won't fold a :club: but might fold a weaker hand. I don't think we get any extra value through a bet.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      check behind on the river and make a note of his calling c-bet range in terms of his hole cards

you have no FE on the River so save your 8bb for the next confrontation if you lost and rebuy accordingly.

Making the note is essential ;)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Turn and river play, are you kidding me? Push the flop for max protection and FE, as well as giving poor odds to chase. You gave villian correct odds to call unless he only has nut FD. Flop flush is very rare, standard c-bet = 44% of remaining stack, I would push. If he calls 3.3 to win 4.5 you give villian 1.36:1 pot odds, meaning he could only profitably call with a monster draw.
      As played c/f turn and checkdown river as your hand still has SD value, but when you bet the only hand that calls you beats you.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      1:2.1 is not correct odds to call for the chase, also I don't like to overbet A high boards no matter if I have the ace or not.

the river bet i guess is a mistake, only a very fishy guy (like this one turned to be) would call with the Ace rag.