From 0$ to MTT Pro

• xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      Hello to everyone :D .
      So today I finally decided to make a blog. this blogs main purpose will be to track my progress and well sometimes blow off steam from the daily grind! (probably the blog will be ultra boring sorry for that).

Let's start with an introduction!
      I am Mr.B, I am 22 YO unlike most of the people here I don't go to uni or college. Actually i just finished high school and that's about it! my life is pretty boring in general so there isn't much interesting personal stuff to tell about me :( . right now I moved to a new country where I don't know anybody I have no one to help me here and no more home to go back to. in this new country the avg salary is really low (around 200E), on this salary I won't be able to survive because of the rent and other some other expenses, I have some savings that will last me for about 8-10months unemployed. at first I thought I should open a small business with my savings but then I realized that chances are it will take some time before I can profit the required amount and it will empty my savings. around that time came to me the idea of POKER. I knew I finally had 6-8 months that I can completely focus on poker instead of playing here and there as a hobby, the more I thought about it the more I realized it might be my best option to provide for my self! that was about a month ago :s_biggrin: .

Poker:
      I started playing about 3 years ago most of my focus was 9man turbos, I did play some CGs but never too successfully. I think I never took poker seriously enough to grow as a player.
      my biggest achievements are taking 0.3$ on stars and 0.25$ on fulltilt and making that into 1.5K$. 2nd in 2.20$ turbo 5k gtd for 1202$ and 28th at the 16.5 turbo 50kgtd for 220$.
      being able to beat 7$ 9mans turbos and possibly 15$ at the time.
      I haven't played since January so it's been a while I never was a huge grinder either.
      now begins my journey!

Plans:
      my long-term plan is an MTT pro, but right now I can't allow myself to do that before I can secure myself a big enough monthly income to continue living from poker.
      Short-term:
      Build a bankroll- my friend sent me 10$ recently which I busted on 2nl zoom, with my last 100fpps I played a sunday storm sat which I won and from there I started playing a mix of 45mans and 90mans to run it up to a 40-50$ also it was my first time I decided I could 20-30 table, it was a struggle at first but now I am getting used to it. 20-30 tabling 45mans was very limited to certian hours and it was problematic for me because I didn't want to waste my day time so I moved to the 9man turbos, at that point my bankroll skyrocketed. also I was finally able to play 200 games per day which is my current goal.
      so that whole thing happend in a weeks time or so!
      Right now I am basically a temporary 9man T dweller looking to make some cash to move to 45/90/180 mttsngs.
      I am going to play the 9man turbos untill I can reach a bankroll of 1.5k$.
      I believe I can do that by the end of next month playing 9man turbos up to 3.5$.
      So thats about it, as I've told you a pretty boring blog!

Heres a Graph for the graph lovers!!!

I know I am running way above ev and my Ev Roi% is quite low, but I do consider the fact that it is just a 3 days grind after being away from poker for over 8months, the internet is not the most stable one so I do get to time out from time to time. so right now iam not too worried about having a 3%-4% roi

so for tracking purpose

13/11/2014
      BR:149$

Thank you for reading and good luck to us all :D !
  • 13 replies
    • iamgreenonekt
      iamgreenonekt
      Bronze
      Hello , nice blog dont wory ,wish you gl in your extremly hard way ,wich coming in future :)
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      good luck, and i think soon we'll see each other at the tables of 3.50$ 9man turbos which i'm currently playing :)
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      noticed something interesting sample is too small but..?
      ko

reg

trying to decide if i should continue playing them right now.
      125/200 tournies done for today
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      Hello!
      today i thought a bit about the last few days of grind and here are my conclusions!
      first of all the last 2 days were the first losing days for me since i started grinding those games and i realized i took too harshly i focused too much on the money instead of the game which was poor of me, from now on its just grind and improve game> and never look at the cashier untill end of the session.
      secondly i noticed i get into grinding too fast, i think from this point on i will start with a set of 10games from the lower limit and then move on to 10 games of current limit> 20games till end of the day.

Current Bankroll:120$
      StopLoss for 1.5$:85$

wishing everyone a lucky day!
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      best of luck to you!! after reading your entry I hope you continue to find success. I'm undecided whether to take my $25 starting cap on PartyPoker to MTTs or cash. I really enjoy the mix of both depending on time.

What decisions made you lean towards MTTs (or was it obvious as you've had a lot of success at them)

anyhow, good luck and looking forward to reading and maybe sharing more our ups and downs at the tables.
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      Sokoi, first of all you should know that mtts are quite a tough field.
      to make money from those you probably should grind 100-200 per day!
      also the variance there is crazy so 200-500 BIs for the limit is standard imo.
      you should play cash or sngs to build up a bankroll.
      the reason i chose mtts to be honest i thought i am not that good at cash games postflop and i would tilt too much there.
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      @xoshix33 and how many SNG's are u playing at one time? cause i think the best way to make profit is not so much in first grinding lower limits to ge the grip, in your case that's 0.50 9mans but to play your limit just smaller nmb or tables, and then u slowly add them up...

but gl
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      Well i used to play 20-25, but i decided to move to the mtsngs still playing 20-30 tables.

Br:252$
      kinda feel proud having turned 100fpps into 250 $
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      hotstreak continues but can't put volume right now, just too much personal shit that can't get resolved.
      putting around 30-60 games per day and get 20-50$ trolololololo
      BRM:333.3$
      wish i joined the get rich or die trying challenge 100fpps into 333$ in one month is not too bad :)
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Fantastic :f_drink:
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      Well good news, decided it would be profitable to try and play the 109$ one billion.
      won 17k super bummed but w/e can't cry over spilled milk.
      but proud to say that in less than 2 months i made 10$ into 17k$.
      anyway binking FTW
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      nicely done sir ;) that means that u are leaving SNG's and going back into grinding MTT's? or u gonna still play SNG's, just higher limits than 3.50$?
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      well i think its time to attempt the 2.5$ 180mans