This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Get rich or die tryin - from 150$ to 1000$

• AleksanderBury
      AleksanderBury
      Bronze

Hi,
      first of all a big hello to English community! My name is Alex and I am from Poland, but currently living and studying in London. A bit about myself: I've been playing poker for nearly 2 years already, but without any big successes. On the other hand I've never lost anything and constantly improved my BR, but after 2 years I should be in much better place. Well, as I said before I'm a student so unfortunately I cannot dedicate much time to poker, but anyway I believe it is better to constantly improve, step by step, than just give up.

Now a bit more about my aim. I decided to participate in 'Get rich or die tryin' challenge to give myself motivation to play and learn everyday, a little bit, but still. I want to try out really aggressive BRM called 'Tankroll'. I play FR tables and feel pretty confident, I feel like I've got skills and experience to beat micro/small stakes but my real problem is my mindset. So my main objectives:

:diamond: play everyday at least 500h,
        :diamond: spend at least half an hour on analysing hands,
        :diamond: and half an hour on improving (videos, articles etc.)
        :diamond: read 'Treat your poker like a business'

I'm starting with 150$ and hopefully end with 1000$. I've also been thinking what when I will succeed and I think it's time to shift to 6-max, so I'm going to invest some money into private coaching.

Okey, I think that's it for now. I haven't decided if I'm going to write more than only once weekly, so safely see you next week ;)
  • 3 replies
    • AleksanderBury
      AleksanderBury
      Bronze
      Alright hi again,
      I put more time in playing than I have set, so I thought I may as well write something. So from bankroll point of view I have been welcomed pretty well at the tables.

So yeah that's how it looks like.
      Hands: 1842
      Bankroll: 192.66$
      Profit: 42.66$

It turns out that I had average winrate of 25bb/100 so correction is inevitable. This week I am going to work on my Open Raising, so today I systematised my ranges, tomorrow I will probably make a list of things I have to take into consideration before making any decisions, so I can focus on it while playing.

Alright, that's it, see you probably in next few days ;)
    • FerlichL
      FerlichL
      Bronze
      Gl :f_drink:
    • ntelis1
      ntelis1
      Bronze
      Good Luck.