Need advise! Which laptop?

• 34 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      My friend is a dealer for ACER and he told me rather buy FUJITSU-SIEMENS;)

Otherwise IBM i think more reliable, but if you wish to have laptop for more time and if you are using it a lot buy FUJITSU-SIEMENS...As my company laptop i have FS Lifebook, at home i have TOSHIBA and difference is very visible

Check online tests in some PC magazines, but do not look to much on price when you will buy notebook;)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      dont get a toshiba, mine is toshiba and it sucks so so much

best i have seen so far was a fukitsu and a sony

acer isnt that bad but i havent seen in much in action
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      avoid acers like the plague.

My brother had an acer that had a broken hinge because a breeze blew the screen backwards too much. Talk about shoddy construction.

The new Dell E6400 laptops are really awesome IMO
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      about first one, are You sure You want notebook with this resolution? "16" 1366 x 768 Pixel (WXGA TFT) "
      Lenovo is much better choice of theese two imo.

As said before, "user reviews" will help You more than anything else.

Some thoughts from me:
      Don't stick to one company. Every brand have good and bad models. If You are looking for a realy cheap one then choose whatever You like. Brand doesn't matter in low segment. If You are looking for quality, Lenovo, HP, Sony ( with the hell price) or Dell is something You should aim on. But withdraw little bit more is necessary here :D .

Just write down requirements (LCD resolution, RAM, VGA, battery life...) and try to find a model which suits You in different brands. Then You should look around for reviews (try to find user ones). If the price is too high, reduce requirements and start finding again. Lower model of the same brand doesn't mean the same quality! It's usually completely different.

GL in Your choice

BTW: You can be happy with cheapest NTB and have many problems with most expensive one so no advice from me, sorry :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hm, ok, thnx for the feedback so far.
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Gold
      What will you use it for the most?

Mine got delivered yesterday and I'm satisfied.
      Dell XPS M 1530

In Croatia I payed for it $1500, it costs here $1900 (got it cheaper cause bought it through a friend who works in company that imports them)
      I'm sure you can get it a lot cheaper in Germany.

Tell me what will be the main purpose (and some of the specs.) and I can give you some suggestions.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Tribun,
      aaa spending money :D
      Lenovo, HP

Agree,very good quality.I`ve got HP ,serves for me 2years,everything is ok.
      We had got Acer in work,bad quality(box,lcd,keyboard),then we get Dell-good lcd,nice box.I like Mac ,but they isn`t poker friendly.
      Good luck :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I will mainly use it to play poker. I will have a external monitor and will use a mouse. I won't a good processor(dual core) and good ram. I want a good graphic card that can play new computer games, but it doesn't has to be high end.
      I want to spend maximum 1k euro.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I dont think that Acer is a good choice, I beleive they are owned by Helwett Packard and Acers are their cheaper alternatives. I personally bought a dell and i am happy with it. Although you pay a little more for the dell you have great tech support if you need it as well as they have some interesting insurance options (spill coffee on your computer and they replace it). Couple of friends bought toshibas and they were not impressed. One computer that a friend bought the screen kept overloading the motherboard as they were not compatible but all toshiba would do is kept replacing the motherboard until the warranty ran out, and that in my mind regardless of the upgrades they made since is bad business policy.

The sony laptops are nice as well.

But in the end it is definitely worth spending the extra money to get a better quality laptop.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Lol...

People are saying "XXXX brand is great, but don't by YYYY", wow wtf, this is kinda stupid and mostly useless commenting.

For your needs I'd suggest the Dell XPS M1530
      http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1530?c=nz&l=en&s=dhs&cs=nzdhs1

The first, base model would be perfectly appropriate and at around 2K NZD that nearly equates to 1K euro.

It has a good processor & 4GB of ram and the 8600GT gfx card can run crysis at a decent framerate (if it can run crysis, it can run anything).

Happy laptopping!
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Gold
      There you go.

Terror gave you same suggestion as I did.

Dell XPS M1530 will be your best friend :)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      if you are going to play poker, multitabling with stats and etc just look for a laptop with a good CPU. The first one you specidied got:

Core 2 Duo T5870 2.00GHz

this processor is quite obsolete, the model these days are T8700 and above.

i would recommend you to buy a laptop with at least:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300 or above.

ofcourse it depends on the money you are willing to spend for a laptop. if you are not going to play some games with advanced graphics i would recommend you Sony Vaio with integrated video and very good processor. Sony > all

btw i am using Sony Vaio and i am completely satisfied.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      if you do buy a dell, make sure u choose the upgrade to a higher resolution screen. you can play more tables with that!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Dell is really expensive...

What about this one?

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/product_info.php/notebooks/fujitsu_siemens/amilo_pixaxi/fsc_amilo_pi_3540_45392
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Or this one.

http://www.chip.de/produkte/c1_me_produkt_32459379.html

Is the graphic card ok?
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      I would go for the Amilo, because of the 4gb of RAM it comes with :)
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Silver
      for the graphic card it sucks. its integrated on the motherboard so you will not have any good visualisations except for MS office.

If you wanna buy a good laptop which is quality made and have no hardware problems buy DELL or Sony Vaio for around 1k EUR. Youll have peace for a couple of years. everything else is not even worth of mentioning. Trust me I know I am working around computers since I was 10. 13 years of experience and I have seen many "good" and price efficient computers let down - the most
      common problem is overheating and the parts in them are just cheap.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      for the graphic card it sucks. its integrated on the motherboard so you will not have any good visualisations except for MS office.

If you wanna buy a good laptop which is quality made and have no hardware problems buy DELL or Sony Vaio for around 1k EUR. Youll have peace for a couple of years. everything else is not even worth of mentioning. Trust me I know I am working around computers since I was 10. 13 years of experience and I have seen many "good" and price efficient computers let down - the most
      common problem is overheating and the parts in them are just cheap.
      Ok, can you give me a link to a good one,t hat you would buy yourself. I wanna spend up to 1k euro at max.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Silver
      https://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/SonyStyle/catalog/setCurrentItem/(xcm=PCM_b2ccrmstandard&layout=15_114_61_50_115_119_2&uiarea=2&ctype=areaDetails&bc_search=sfalse&next=seeItem&carea=487459F11E63012FE10080002BC29B86&order=&isHideActive=&citem=487459F11E63012FE10080002BC29B864863B18E901E0091E10080002BC29B72)/.do

that would be sony for 1k eur