Japanese freelance editor/translator needed!

• Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello!

PokerStrategy.com is currently looking for a Japanese freelance translator/news writer (native speaker) to help us transform texts from language to language.

We offer all our freelancers monetary compensation for their efforts, as well as the opportuntiy to work in a friendly, ambitious team within an industry leading company. Additionally, if your service is great, we will provide you with references.

You ...
      ...are passionate about language, texts, translations and journalism in general
      ...have good understanding of poker and poker terminology
      ...know that a literal translation is not always the best way to get a message across
      ...have exceptional accuracy and eye for detail
      ...are highly proficient in English and a native speaker of Japanese
      ...are an excellent writer with a creative flair and exceptional language skills
      ...are familiar with Japanese social media channels

The challenge
      Translating our content from English to Japanese, ensuring the highest standard of localisation
      Researching information about the local poker scene and our community
      Creating news pieces & columns that convey the thrill of games with millions at stake
      Taking part in our social media activity

Interested?

If you think you have what it takes, apply today. For a complete application we need your CV and motivation letter (both in English) to be submitted to application@pokerstrategy.com

Regards,
      Marta
  • 8 replies
    • youthebest
      youthebest
      Bronze
      Hello, I'm very interested in this opportunity, but I'm already busy, so I'm not sure if I can spend a lot of time when I could get this job. So let's say I'm busy this week, and you ask me for translation, then can I say no? Or is this something that I have to do consistently? Thank you.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi youthebest, thanks for replying! Good to see you're interested.

We can be flexible, if needed. Send us your CV and we'll get back to you with more details.

Cheers.
    • Juglinjugglo
      Juglinjugglo
      Bronze
      do you need background in poker to do this? or can the person learn?
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Juglinjugglo,

knowledge of the poker-related vocabulary would be advantageous (as translations include poker terms) but we don't require a specific poker background or poker skills for this role.
    • youthebest
      youthebest
      Bronze
      Hi, Marta. Thank you for your time.
      Currently I'm in Macau, and I do not have an access to my computer till Dec 4. Do you think that's too late?
      Thank you
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Would this be a full time job or something part time? What would the salary be and the hours needed per day ?
    • Juglinjugglo
      Juglinjugglo
      Bronze
      yea agreed with above information would be good to know
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi youthebest! Ideally, the right person would start working for us sooner than later. The position is still open, please send us your CV whenever you are able to and, if the role is still available, we will get back to you.

Heave112, the workload may differ. We are looking for someone who is flexible to be able to meet our deadlines so availability would be a big plus. The compensation would be based on the type of activities we would agree on. Translations are paid per word, in case of creating articles - it's either per word or per piece, depending on the agreement.

Juglinjugglo, hope the above clarifies. As far as the salary is concerned, we will discuss it with the candidates who pass the recruitment process successfully.