How do I choose?

• Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      Hey all!
      So I've pretty much played all varients of poker but I'm wondering, should I stick to say, just playing nothing but mtt's or sng's or just cash? Or should I just keep mixing it up like I have been for years.
      The reason I ask is that I seem to have been progressing slowly over the years without getting really good at any one form.
      So should I be sticking, religiously to one form of poker to become great at it or is it ok to play cash games and the odd mtt? or mtt's with the odd cash game?

All feedback gratefully received :D
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Bullettooth12,

My personal opinion for what that may be worth, is that if you play recreationally for fun I can see no problem with mixing it up. If you wish to climb the stakes and become an awesome crusher like our coaches and top players, I would recommend taking a more systematic approach, since there is so much to learn.
      I really think personal preference is the way to go, as circumstances are different for each player. Some may have jobs and family commitments etc., some may want to go as high as they can, as quickly as they can.
      Commitment can be tough.

Having said all that, I stick to one format and am still a fish. :D

Mal.
    • Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      Hahaha! Thanks for that Mal.
      That's pretty much the answer I was after.
      I think I will play mainly cash games but play the odd tournament now and again.
      Is there any good videos you can recommend that will help with my cash game? I think I am a decent enough player I just need that extra little bit of knowledge to make the most from certain situations.
      Thanks again :D :f_thumbsup:
    • Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      Oh BTW, I've been reading your blog and it's excellent :D
      Thanks for sharing that :f_thumbsup:
    • StandardBacking
      StandardBacking
      Bronze
      play what ever you life permits you to play and your brain will let you play, i know people that cant put in long sessions that are needed for the daily mtt grind so stick to shorter cash sessions with a bunch of breaks.

what ever you feel most comfortable doing, i would say do

also there are loads of videos and content out there just depends what you are looking to study