D0nkshove moving up!

• D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Whats up guys!

My first post and my first blog here :) Let me give you a brief introduction:

I'm a 22 year old student from The Netherlands who currently resides in Eindhoven (Or as some call it: Lighttown!). I started playing poker when i was 16. Ofcourse way under aged and also lolbad. Every time in a MTT when i had some kind of strong hand like AK, AQ, i would just shove pre. I folded my way into a final table on fulltilt for like $500. My friend who was sitting next to me with his laptop was also at that final table. So that was fun. We thought we were the best players ever and started to play $10 donkaments .... That didn't work out :)

Now, a couple of years later, i'm going to start from the bottom at NL5. Currently i have a stable income, so if my financial situation will let me i will deposit some more to play NL10. But only when i have a good sample at NL5 first! Ofcourse i'm still not the best player, but i got better :)

So let's do this! :D
  • 16 replies
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      So, today went REALLY well! At the start i instantly lost 3 BI, but i managed to grind it all up. My key hand was a really loose player who flopper trip nines. Checked all the way to the river where i hit my set. He shoved and i called. We were both deep so the pot was $19.80 at NL5 xD

I'm going to post some hands tomorrow! I'm on my phone right now. Also, i played about 20 tables (stacked), because i wanted to release my $50 bonus and my reload bonus. I started at $217 and now i'm at $284. I still need 900 points to release the whole reload bonus, and then i'm going to move to ipoker. I registered through pokerstrategy, so i should be a gold star soon :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/aonj9g.jpg
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello D0nkshove

Welcome to the PokerStrategy forum.

Nice to see that your started a blog.
      Further your still a basic member and than is not possible to show pictures.
      Originally posted by D0nkshove
      If you want to change this is it smart to make an account on a poker room you’re not playing yet. Also is it possible to use the free poker money offer and than you get a bankroll for free.
      If you have any questions about this offer you can always ask it.

Further I wish you good luck on the poker tables and your blog.

Best Regards,
      SDK1987
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Hi SDK,

Thanks for the tip! Like i said, i made an account on ipoker through pokerstrategy.com. So i should soon be a bronze or gold star :)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Little bit a misread of mine part :facepalm:
      I expect you get your bronze status in less than 48 hours.
    • Exposedd
      Exposedd
      Bronze
      Hehe! Had the same problem lol
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      No graph at the moment, but down 4 BI's , so that sucks! I think i played well, but some fish shoved on a K high flop wit AQ, just to river his straight. Then some guy had a set against my aces, and then i started spewing.

My biggest problem is tilt, and if i had not spewed so much, i would've lost waaaaay less. So i need to concentrate on my play and not on the suckouts. These happen from time to time
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Hi There!

I would like to discuss the following topics today :)

Cbetting:

When do you do it? What is the best time to do it? And how do you prevent to just spew everything away?
      At NL5 i just basically cbet 80% of the time. Sometimes players float and bet into me when i check. These players give me a really hard time.

Playing draws:

Playing draws is really hard for me. I just bloat the pot and when it gets to big, i miss my draw. How do you guys play draws? Really aggro? Or just c/c ?

Playing QQ and AK in 3-bet pots:

So, i have QQ in the cutoff. The player UTG already made it 0,15$ to go. I 3-bet him to 0,45$ and he makes it 1$ ... what to do here?

Second one: I have AK in the BB. The cutoff already made his raise. I 3-bet and he insta 5-bets me ... What to do here?

Mindset:

I hear people say that to beat the micro's, you just have to fold alot. Sometimes a have a problem with folding, because i just never believe villain in some spots. Most of the time i just call his backdoor flush bet, or every time when i have aces, i think the guy has a set ..... What am i doing wrong?
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      So today i moved from Pokerstars to ipoker. Not for long i guess ... I only want to unlock the bonus :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I'm also playing nl5 for a bit and personally most times I would fold the QQ and shove the AK given the villains positions, but obviously villain's player type etc come into it. Of course, I'm as big a fish as most people so take my advice lightly please! :f_biggrin:

justa point, if the players floating you are giving you a hard time, you need to find out what they are doing it with. You could also try it yourself if it's that annoying! :f_thumbsup:

Good luck on ipoker, I haven't played there for some time so I can't say what the players are like now.
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      I really need to change my mentality. Sorry for not posting graphs or hands, but all i seem to do is lose money. I used to mass table (16) and regularly win 10 BI in a day. Now that's over and i can't seem to win. Should i play less tables maybe?

At the moment i am playing at Betfair and i have a pretty nice RB deal there. I really have to get used to the ipoker software, which sucks. But i want to grind up a bankroll to play at 10NL before i move to pokerstars again, so i can divide my money between rooms. And i should study more .... (Poker that is)
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      I think it's vital that besides poker, i should have other things to do. My private life is not that dandy at the moment. In general i'm a very outspoken person. At school we have to do a lot of presentations in front of a big audiance ( 3 classes, about 60+ people). They always compliment me about the way i talk and how easy i make it look.

But outside of the normal world, i'm a very shy and 'closed' person. I want people to leave me alone, not ask alot of questions and just let me be. I lost alot of friends being that way. I'm in school with alot of younger people (like 6 years younger), because i decided i didn't want a mediocre job. I wanted to get my degree and be able to do what i want. This is where poker also comes in.

Money doesn't solve alot, but i want to give back to the people who gave alot to me. My girlfriend, my parents who adopted me and stood by me, and the friends that i have left. I want to be able to travel the world, be my own boss and have my own little poker office at home. I want to live a free life, and do what i want. So to actually achieve this, i need to be more eager to learn, and have some damn discipline!!

I want to devote this topic to my journey to become an awesome poker player and an even better human being. In about a few days i will grind on NetBet poker, so i can unlock bronze or gold status here. Graphs will be posted, mistakes will be made, rants will be put here, but most of all: i want to share my succes with the people who support me. You, me, my friends and family.

Let's get the party started!!
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Playing QQ and AK in 3-bet pots:

So, i have QQ in the cutoff. The player UTG already made it 0,15$ to go. I 3-bet him to 0,45$ and he makes it 1$ ... what to do here?

Second one: I have AK in the BB. The cutoff already made his raise. I 3-bet and he insta 5-bets me ... What to do here?
      Depends what info you have on UTG, if he's nitty I usually give UTG credit and call and decide on the flop how to play the hand since I'm in position... if UTG is a rock then it's pretty clear that he has KK or AA most of the time.
      On the second one pretty much the same, although as a general rule you should bear in mind that the range of villain in CO is a lot looser than his UTG range.
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Mindset:

I hear people say that to beat the micro's, you just have to fold alot. Sometimes a have a problem with folding, because i just never believe villain in some spots. Most of the time i just call his backdoor flush bet, or every time when i have aces, i think the guy has a set ..... What am i doing wrong?
      If you have a problem with folding that's fine as long as you know what you're doing, sometimes I find myself in spots where I don't know what to do next so instead of spewing money I just play passively and fold (when I play my A game). But then again when I'm not playing my A game I notice that I'm turning into a calling station and just don't believe villain has it, although I have doubts about continuing with the hand I talk myself into going all in and at the showdown I'm pretty much like :why: ... there's a saying out there "winning by folding" :profit:
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joey1toe
      Mindset:

If you have a problem with folding that's fine as long as you know what you're doing, sometimes I find myself in spots where I don't know what to do next so instead of spewing money I just play passively and fold (when I play my A game). But then again when I'm not playing my A game I notice that I'm turning into a calling station and just don't believe villain has it, although I have doubts about continuing with the hand I talk myself into going all in and at the showdown I'm pretty much like :why: ... there's a saying out there "winning by folding" :profit:
      Exactly! When i'm not playing my A-game i'm just a station xD
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How is it going this week so far?
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Expect an update tonight :)