Freezeout vs. Re-buy?

• 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I'm not a rebuy fan, although they have advantages, especially those where you can rebuy if you drop below the initial buyin amount.

In those, as soon as you pass the blinds, rebuy, then if you do stack someone, you win a lot more.

For those where you can only rebuy when you're busto, I won't rebuy unless the initial buy-in is > 1/2 average stack.

Interesting topic -- I'm eager to hear what others think...

Best of luck,
      VS
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      I'll always prefer Freezeout. Why get more than one chance in Poker?
    • ToyerKhan
      ToyerKhan
      Bronze
      I prefer the freeze outs as well, with rebuys players tend to be more loose and you see a number of all ins from the onset of the game which I am not a fan of. This is especially true in the microstakes. However there are not a lot of freezeout tournaments on Ipoker. When playing a rebuy tournament I will only rebuy if I was on the wrong end of a bad beat.
    • SWScuracao
      SWScuracao
      Bronze
      Fuck rebuys
    • acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Bronze
      As a regular, you can virtually compare rebuys to deepstacked tourneys. Essentially you are purchasing a stack for a deeper play, which in different cases, is favourable or not. I grind MTTs mainly and I will mostly choose a rebuy over freezeouts because of lesser variance in the long run; rebuy tournaments allow more flexibility, provides (usually) better structure(s) and generally attract more fish. Deepstack freezeouts are almost on par with rebuys in my book, however, I prefer when nittier more scared-money players have a shorter stack to deal with than when on even ground.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Rebuys in my opinion are a lot better because there is way more fish in them making very loose calls for all their stacks.

I play way more rebuys than freezouts but very rarely rebuy, I do take the add-on option if there is one on offer though.
    • angryandrew
      angryandrew
      Bronze
      hi