[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 Sh: Jj

• Michailewic
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, CO folds, Hero calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) K:club: , 3:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1,75, Hero calls $1,75.

Turn: ($5,85) A:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4,00, Hero calls $4,00.

River: ($13,85) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $13,85

Preflop raise would be better, however, played and won that way :)

Can hero call the turn? What if villain bets the river?
  • 4 replies
    • Ruleza
      Your hand is probably the best on the flop and you dont wanne see a Q or A on the turn. I would raise the flop, fold to a reraise. You cant call the turn imo.
    • Michailewic
      But ace is a scare card - ideal card for second barrel.
    • KingTexaz
      Raise/Fold Flop ist pretty bad Play imo as there would fold all worse Hands, maybe 3bet or call better Hands. So I call the Flop and see the Turn. There it depends wheter Villian is betting again with his hole Range, so also lots of Air or not. As default Play I would probably fold the Turn, or fold the River for sure if you call the Turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Raising flop is good when you don´t want to face multiply barrels on the turn and river, but doing that you turn your hand into bluff and should fold to 3-bet unless you know that villain is capable re-bluffing there.
      Probably calling flop and turn bet ar better and then fold ing to river bet.
      Ace is not the greatest card and not sure how often villain would double barrle there- some would bet 100%, some would check fold most of the times.
      So you have to know imo opponent to make calldown profitable. ONce he bet again on the river, you should fold. You´re not that likely ahead any more.
      And it makes your hand to play a lot easier if you would 3-bet pf. :)