888 Android app not compatible with Lollipop?

• Lathdari
      Lathdari
      Silver
      I've been running the 888 Android app fine for a few months now (on a Nexus 5). However, after upgrading to Lollipop on Monday, the app has vanished from my app list. If I redownload the .apk, I get the usual install screen but then a message which just says, "App not installed." I have installation from unknown sources enabled.

Does anyone know if this is a widespread problem? Is a fix likely? Is there a workaround?
  • 10 replies
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      Originally posted by Lathdari
      I've been running the 888 Android app fine for a few months now (on a Nexus 5). However, after upgrading to Lollipop on Monday, the app has vanished from my app list. If I redownload the .apk, I get the usual install screen but then a message which just says, "App not installed." I have installation from unknown sources enabled.

Does anyone know if this is a widespread problem? Is a fix likely? Is there a workaround?
      I've sent this in and we are looking into it for you, will get back to you soon
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      Originally posted by Lathdari

Which version are you using? You can check by going into the main lobby and then going under the links menu. The last item in the list will contain the version number, starting with "MP-...".
    • zilzak
      zilzak
      Basic
      having the same problem on my nexus 5. tried downloading the newest app from site and got the same result. app not installed
    • Marlink693
      Marlink693
      Basic
      Same problem here with nexus 5 just upped to lollipop
    • Lathdari
      Lathdari
      Silver
      I don't understand this I'm afraid. I can't go into the main lobby, because I no longer have the app / the app won't install. The version of the .apk I'm downloading is whichever version is currently live on http://www.888poker.com. The version of Android I'm using is 5.0.
    • TravisT
      TravisT
      Basic
      Same thing . won't ever buy a google phone again after this . can't believe they thought this was going to be a good upgrade . I feel bad for a phone I used to like . sick of all the crap this upgrade has put me through so far. And I was exicted to upgrade to a nexxus 6 but I think I'll take a look at something else instead. RIP Nexus's
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      We have found that there is a problem with players who had the 888poker app installed while running the older Android version and then updated to Android 5.

We are currently working on a fix to be ready for the next app release.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      i can lick your icecream, and you can lick my lollipop.....android is shit and always Will be
    • zilzak
      zilzak
      Basic
      when will the new app update be???
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      I am asking and will get back to you when I hear a response