How many of you feel like you have forgotten how to play short and mid-stacks?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I started my poker career with the Pokerstrategy Short Stack Strategy some time ago and ground out quite a lot of rake-back in my first year before switching to BSS. Some time after this SSS was effectively banned and a little later MSS came along. I read the basics of that strategy which I have since forgotten.

Anyway, I am now thinking about how I pretty much have forgotten a large part of what I used to know about playing this stack size and was wondering how many other people are in the same boat as me? It does on the other hand help that most people without a fullstack are still pretty fishy of course :f_love:
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, DaPhunk,
      I tried SSS and got whacked.
      It was probably just variance, but I did much better at BSS.

When MSS came out, I decided to give it a try as a way to use the same bankroll at the next higher limit.
      Again fail. I even started a thread here something like "Is winning even possible?". I was SO frustrated.

A lot of the hands in the MSS chart are "bet / fold", and if a big stack or another mid stack wises up they can 3Bet you to death of you don't adapt quickly.

But I think it is important to know these strategies because they are important in tournaments, and in cash games, it is important to know what you're playing against.

Cheers,
      VS
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Following a chart in poker sounds like a good way to disaster.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      But I think it is important to know these strategies because they are important in tournaments, and in cash games, it is important to know what you're playing against.
      This. It has been so long since I played tournaments. Pretty much my only significant experience was 1 month of play pre BF so a while back. On the other hand I have even less experience in 6max SnGs :D

Originally posted by serverm07
      Following a chart in poker sounds like a good way to disaster.
      How about if a player was to make his own chart to use in a certain set of circumstances without reads? It can be quite fun to design your own while thinking how to abuse the player pool as a whole.