Graph Help

• scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze

New to using software to track my results. Started playing 6 max hypers and thought it would come in handy. Could someone explain to me what each line on the graph means so i can use it to better myself as a player. Also is C net adjusted the same as EV? Does it mean that every time the chips went in and i received my equity of the pot then the C net adjusted line is where my C net won line would be had the favorite won every time the chips went in?

Cheers,
      Scott
  • 4 replies
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Just realised this thread me be better off in the poker tools section. If so could a mod move it please. Thanks:f_thumbsup:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Your request is my command scottc18! :f_thumbsup:

Regards,

Mal.
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Cheers Mal. Appreciated :)
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Scott -

Originally posted by scottc18
      Could someone explain to me what each line on the graph means so i can use it to better myself as a player.
      To be honest Scott, you will not be able to gather anything from a graph that will help you to become a better player. The "Gold" is in the replayer, the filters, and the reports in Pokertracker 4; these are the tools that can help you find leaks and improve as a player. You cannot find leaks in the graph, it cannot tell you if your decisions are correct, and contrary to common belief it cannot tell you if you made the right decision or not. Graphs are only for visual feedback of the bigger picture, in fact we know many users who disable their graphs to help keep themselves focussed and aware of their primary goal - self improvement.

Also is C net adjusted the same as EV?
      Net Adjusted Winnings is a theoretical measurement of prize pool expectation at final tables (or single tables) where the whole cards of all players who had equity in the pot are known, and there is one or more street to come. It is not a measurement of EV; truth is trackers in their current state cannot measure EV because EV requires an estimate of an opponent's hand range - which is currently impossible in a tracker. Hand vs hand we can measure equity, but to measure EV it mathmatically requires a variable range and a static number. In the case of poker your static numbers would be the size of the pot and your hand value, the variable range would be the entire range of hands your opponent may have. When there is a range of hands measured, EV can be calculated for any decision - calling, folding, etc. That is why experienced players currently use calculators or EV hand range decisions tools to determine EV. EV is a predictive measurement of a future outcome.

Net Adjusted Winnings is calculated by taking the hand equities, and multiplying it by the size of the pot to determine the expectation in chips for a specific all-in spot AFTER the decision was made. We then use ICM to determine the currency value of each chip in the pot, to determine the prize pool expectation of that decision. But there is one rather large problem - you will never "realize" your expectation. You will either bust out or win - at which point you rather win the maximum or lose the maximum - its impossible to reach the expectation. Net Adjusted Winnings is a great tool for expert theorists who understand the difference between expectation and reality, but for the average user you may be better of ignoring this result - especially if you get confused between expectation and luck. The big difference is that luck cannot be measured when there is a skill component involved, but expectation can.

Does it mean that every time the chips went in and i received my equity of the pot then the C net adjusted line is where my C net won line would be had the favorite won every time the chips went in?
      No. My C Won and My C Net Adjusted do not correlate with one another.

This is a very confusing topic, we know it is not an easy concept to comprehend. The difficulty in understanding this topic is exaggerated by many players and coaches who mean well, but share the wrong information and accidentally perpetuate the myths of EV and expectation. We hope our explanation helps, feel free to respond with additional questions.

PS: "My C" stands for My Currency, we use this acronym to allow users to play in any currency, then have that currency converted to your master currency for tracking. You don't have to say "My C", it is already understood to be displayed in your currency by default.