6max hyper / 18man turbo ??

• lovetogrind
      lovetogrind
      Basic
      Hi ,it's easy :D , firstly i want to introduce myself , i'm student and to be honest i don't have enogh time to grind , so i want to choose to play 6max hyper (1.50$ ) or 18man turbo ( 1.50$) , but the problme it's ,,,i don't know how to start..so i'm familiar with variace or xp in past i played 45/90/180s. I want to discuss some reviews about these games , why to play 6max? 18man?

I can play like 3-4h/day , can play like 15tbls at 18man or 6-8tbls for 6max hyper.

Q : What do you think about 6max hyper? ( Players,roi,avg games/month , variace)
      Q2: What do you think about 18man turbo? ( same )

You also can post some graph..Thanks a lot !!!!
      Regards ,
  • 3 replies
    • lovetogrind
      lovetogrind
      Basic
      up?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey lovetogrind,

I'll move this to the Sit and Go board, where it will be seen by the very players who can advise you.

Regards

Laz
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi there!

I think both formats are very variance high and I wouldn't advice them for a beginner. I can imagine how bad the skill level is gonna be at these stakes. F.e. 6-max Hyper turbo-ICM is hard to learn, but shortstack ICM is a biatch! Pardon my french :P It's gonna be really, really hard, especially if you don't have a program like ICMizer. 18-man turbo is gonna be a bit better imo. You can have some deepstack play, no or low ICM while you are not on the final table. Could be a bit better imo. Both formats would be beatable with good ROI-3-4-5-6% or whatever at these stakes. Keep in mind that if you can beat the stakes with 6% ROI, you are prolly not gonna be playing this low :)

HU hypers is a good game for a beginner. Lower variance, it takes like 1 month of study or so to get the fundamentals and good basics. Especially for these stakes-it's gonna be easier to progress imo.

Cheers!