This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

C-Bet

• Asaloyedoff
      Asaloyedoff
      Basic
      This is my question about a weakness I have spotted in my game...(cash or tournament situation)

Let's say stake sizes are even all round with 50BB...
      I raise 3x in middle position and SB calls.
      Flop comes, SB checks... I almost always C-Bet 1/2 - 3/4 the pot regardless of my hand.
      However as the tournament/cash game goes on it's a pretty noticeable repeated play and I find it's easy to 3-bet me light or flat call hoping that I shut down on the turn.
      Does anyone have any opinions on this play (I think it's a pretty common strategy) and how it can be improved...

I mix it up here and there and I'm thinking the approach depends on my opponents style, but does anyone have any tips?

Thank you!
  • 1 reply
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      What is your flop cbet %?You should probably be cbetting less & barrelling more (in cash games anyway) dont ask me about tourneys :D

You can start by checking some weak top pairs & some second pairs with backdoor equity to bluffcatch, so that you're not always just checking to fold.

Cbet draws & backdoor draws you can barrel good runouts with since people will call a lot & fold later streets. Also then you won't just be barrelling your monsters

If you know someone is super aggro you can start c/raising some value hands because you know they will bet vs missed cbet.