This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2:1 odds right call with any situation?

Bronze
      Hi

Tried to find article about when we should call 2:1, but is hard to find.
      So my question is.

1.We should always call when we get odds 2:1 (when someone pushing)?

2.Is tho same concept when we pushing (example hero SB 10BB, opponent BB 3BB)? Should we push any2?

3. Should we call 2:1 even when we risk to knock out from a tourney?

4. Better to pass and wait for better spot and have fEQ? ( UTG push 3BB we are on BB with 8BB so when we pass we will have still 8 BB and fEQ when we call we wil have 5 BB and no fEQ?

how you think guys?
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      I am for sure not calling any two everytime I get 2:1 pot odds. Really quick example-some is pushing 30% towards Ax, any pair and broadway-then when you see the equity bottom 20-30% have against that range-you don't get enough odds to make the call.
    • minoepoe
      minoepoe
      Bronze
      It is always situational. Consider the stack sizes of all the remaining players, the pushing range of your opponent, and most important, what happens if you lose the hand. There is no 1 clear answer that fits every scenario. Calling any 2 because you are getting the right odds is insanity. You do not want to lose 35% of your chipstack on the bubble, doubling up the shortstack in the process, because you had the right odds to call with your 79s.