MicroZoom Fish [Get Rich Or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge]

• nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Micro Zoom Fish

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I played poker seriously for the last time. Nontheless I still love the game and like to check blogs, success stories or whatever.
      I decided to join The Bankroll Challenge as a reality check - I want to see how good (or bad) will I manage in poker games these days.

I will be playing in PokerStars with $200 starting bankroll.
      I will be playing 6-max NL ZooM tables, starting at NL5.
      I will use 30 BI BRM rule and make 5 BI shots at higher limits (may change in the future).

I really like Rush/ZooM format with all the advantages and disadvantages it offers. On top of that my playing time will be quite limited so I will stick to it at least for the microstakes.

My target bankroll for the challenge is $1500.

While most of my time at NL5/10 will be spend playing I would like to check some new videos or strategy discussions as my game and especially mindset are quite out of touch.

I always liked goals. Let's write down some goals... :f_biggrin:
      Till the end of 2014:

:spade: Play 60 000 hands.
      :spade: Make weekly reviews each sunday. Find biggest leaks.
      :spade: Watch "10 Tips to get out of the Micros" video series.
      :spade: Watch "W34z3l's 6-max Walkthrough" video series.
      :spade: Never break BRM rules. ( I played some Spin and Go SnGs lately - don't ask :f_eek: )
      :spade: Be able to honestly say that I reduced my tilt issues before going into 2015. :f_grin:

That's it for now. See you soon, I will try to update as much as possible.

GL ALL
  • 7 replies
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Hey Everyone!

Played my first session tonight and I already had 2-3 tough spots, but I don't have time at the moment to post and discuss them. I will try to do that tomorrow as I would love to hear other people's thoughts. :f_drink:

For some reason HUD didn't work on Zoom tables but I was thinking of playing without one in the beginning anyway so no problem with that. Pool is huge and stats would be hardly useful.

I started in green so that's always nice... :f_biggrin:

See you soon and GL!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Subbed! GL!
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Hey everyone!

Played 9k hands since the start of the challenge and I'm far from pleased with myself. Volume is pretty good given I usually don't have time to play on working days.

Other than that things are not really going my way. I was surprised how aggressive are NL5 games especially during the weekend (I know this probably sounds ridiculous) . I was getting 3-bets/4-bets constantly... like every second open raise got attacked. Most of the times when I tried to play back they got it. I probably wasn't picking the best of spots either. Honestly I coudn't find my best game vs such aggression.

I spent my poker time this week on the tables. Maybe I will watch some videos and lower the volume a bit. I wanted to play a bit and see what topics I should chose first but as it seems everything would be helpful at this point.

Here's the graph since the start:

I still haven't gone through my database to analyse the hands that I marked during the sessions. When I do that I will post some if I find them interesting.

Weekly challenge report:

Hands played : 9022
      Bankroll movement: -$16.32
      Total Bankroll: $183.68
      Week : 1

Released 2 x $5 increments of a deposit bonus.

Following week will be super busy so I will make a short update mid-week or bigger one in the weekend. See you then and GL on the tables. :f_drink:
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Hey!

Played one small session yesterday in the late evening, it was ok. Got crazy swings in the beginning (saw quads 2 times vs me for 50+ bb pots first 100 hands) but I coolered few guys soon after that so np... :f_thumbsup:

I got $10 stellar reward released and the challenge is breakeven at the moment. Not the best start but I can live with it.

GL!
    • jiah
      jiah
      Gold
      gl! :f_drink:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi nvelev,

how is it going? I hope you could turn around and are 20$+ now? Let us know how you continue in the challenge & GL!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He nvelev, me again!

We are trying to give a weekly or at least bi-weekly update of everyones challenge. Just to make sure we include you - don't forget to post your update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread thread, it's due every Monday!
      How have you been doing lately? Would be a shame if you missed out on our challenge!

CU,SvenBe