This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MicroZoom Fish [Get Rich Or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge]

• nvelev
      nvelev
      Silver
      Micro Zoom Fish

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I played poker seriously for the last time. Nontheless I still love the game and like to check blogs, success stories or whatever.
      I decided to join The Bankroll Challenge as a reality check - I want to see how good (or bad) will I manage in poker games these days.

I will be playing in PokerStars with $200 starting bankroll.
      I will be playing 6-max NL ZooM tables, starting at NL5.
      I will use 30 BI BRM rule and make 5 BI shots at higher limits (may change in the future).

I really like Rush/ZooM format with all the advantages and disadvantages it offers. On top of that my playing time will be quite limited so I will stick to it at least for the microstakes.

My target bankroll for the challenge is $1500.

While most of my time at NL5/10 will be spend playing I would like to check some new videos or strategy discussions as my game and especially mindset are quite out of touch.

I always liked goals. Let's write down some goals... :f_biggrin:
      Till the end of 2014:

:spade: Play 60 000 hands.
      :spade: Make weekly reviews each sunday. Find biggest leaks.
      :spade: Watch "10 Tips to get out of the Micros" video series.
      :spade: Watch "W34z3l's 6-max Walkthrough" video series.
      :spade: Never break BRM rules. ( I played some Spin and Go SnGs lately - don't ask :f_eek: )
      :spade: Be able to honestly say that I reduced my tilt issues before going into 2015. :f_grin:

That's it for now. See you soon, I will try to update as much as possible.

GL ALL
  • 7 replies
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Silver
      Hey Everyone!

Played my first session tonight and I already had 2-3 tough spots, but I don't have time at the moment to post and discuss them. I will try to do that tomorrow as I would love to hear other people's thoughts. :f_drink:

For some reason HUD didn't work on Zoom tables but I was thinking of playing without one in the beginning anyway so no problem with that. Pool is huge and stats would be hardly useful.

I started in green so that's always nice... :f_biggrin:

See you soon and GL!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      Subbed! GL!
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Silver
      Hey everyone!

Played 9k hands since the start of the challenge and I'm far from pleased with myself. Volume is pretty good given I usually don't have time to play on working days.

Other than that things are not really going my way. I was surprised how aggressive are NL5 games especially during the weekend (I know this probably sounds ridiculous) . I was getting 3-bets/4-bets constantly... like every second open raise got attacked. Most of the times when I tried to play back they got it. I probably wasn't picking the best of spots either. Honestly I coudn't find my best game vs such aggression.

I spent my poker time this week on the tables. Maybe I will watch some videos and lower the volume a bit. I wanted to play a bit and see what topics I should chose first but as it seems everything would be helpful at this point.

Here's the graph since the start:

I still haven't gone through my database to analyse the hands that I marked during the sessions. When I do that I will post some if I find them interesting.

Weekly challenge report:

Hands played : 9022
      Bankroll movement: -$16.32
      Total Bankroll: $183.68
      Week : 1

Released 2 x $5 increments of a deposit bonus.

Following week will be super busy so I will make a short update mid-week or bigger one in the weekend. See you then and GL on the tables. :f_drink:
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Silver
      Hey!

Played one small session yesterday in the late evening, it was ok. Got crazy swings in the beginning (saw quads 2 times vs me for 50+ bb pots first 100 hands) but I coolered few guys soon after that so np... :f_thumbsup:

I got $10 stellar reward released and the challenge is breakeven at the moment. Not the best start but I can live with it.

GL!
    • jiah
      jiah
      Bronze
      gl! :f_drink:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi nvelev,

how is it going? I hope you could turn around and are 20$+ now? Let us know how you continue in the challenge & GL!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He nvelev, me again!

We are trying to give a weekly or at least bi-weekly update of everyones challenge. Just to make sure we include you - don't forget to post your update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread thread, it's due every Monday!
      How have you been doing lately? Would be a shame if you missed out on our challenge!

CU,SvenBe