This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AKs donkbet

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $16,93

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $1,00, 4 folds, Hero raises to $5,00, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $4,00.

Flop: ($11,50) Q:diamond: , 9:heart: , J:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 raises $52,68 (All-In), Hero raises to $11,93 (All-In).

Elephant doesnt diplay the stats of this guy ''Jhr_gert'' because of the underscore... >.< nevertheless he played like 32/5 preflop as a complete loose passive guy.
      1.96:1
      =33.7% - 2% bluffequity if I can substract this due his fish action = 31.7% equity needed.

Okay to shove it with 2 overcards + gutshot? I see myself with 8 or 9 outs at most.
  • 6 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I like your shove, not sure why, but I like it.
      Why would he donk the nuts oop into the pfa on a rainbow board? He likely has a pair plus draw and is value/protection betting, or just bluffing a shortstack on a scary board.
      outs then 3A+BDFD+4T = 8 for 2:1 hand odds
      and your pot odds are 1.96:1
      So your play is -EV, however, with stats and reads you can push as it is very marginal. Vs 2p, trips or str8 you are in deep kaka, a more conservative player would fold. I would push, but I'm crazy like that.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think you probably have a decent draw against him(7-10 outs), so with your pot odds should be around breakeven situation, but you said he's a loose passive guy... ...and when passive opponents start playing aggressively I tend to fold rather than push.

P.S.: Or you call and make a note. ;)
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      when he is passiv, i would fould.

against a normal or agressive player you can call, you have maybe 2 overcards, 1 bdfd, 1 gutshoot and he could also have a straightdraw.

This AI is mostly no Monster Hand like a Set.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allizdoR
      This AI is mostly no Monster Hand like a Set.
      I suspect TopPair/Mediumpair or Tx, or what do you think he might have?
      Deuces would also be a crazy option
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      i like your call here, backdoor flush gutshot 2 overs ;-) maybe he pushs an oesd
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ysessa
      maybe he pushs an oesd
      how did you know xD ?