This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl100 Aqo, easy fold or 2nd barrel?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21,00
      MP2:
      $92,77

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, MP2 calls $4,00, 5 folds.

Flop: ($9,50) K:heart: , 4:club: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,00, MP2 calls $6,00.

Turn: ($21,50) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $11,00, Hero folds.

As the Title says, easy c/f on turn or 2nd barrel?
      Fold to cbet Flop 45%
      WTS 17 as you can see above ;)
  • 9 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      This villians stats indicate he is a call/fold or raise/fold kind of chum. Is he capable of floating a shortstack with top set?? I think not, he is also not a station so he folds weaker pairs to your aggression. I would 2 barrel the turn, but like I said before, I am a little crazy.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I don't see villain folding against a second barrel here if he made a call on flop with 45% fold to c-bet...

So, I'd save bucks for next opportunity.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      hmmm, i would not put even 1st barrel on the flop, C/F flop. His range can be huge from small pair etc..
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I feel that If we cbet, we HAVE to 2nd barrel here. We obviously don't have a K or a 4 99% of the time so we have to represent TT+ and we can only do this with 2 rounds of betting.

I think Cbetting Flop and Checking Turn leaves us open to be floated In what i think should be the majority of the time against a thinking opponent with Low Pockets or Draws.

Personally I would Cbet flop because of FD and low WTS with the intention of 2nd barreling turn. I like to think that he has a wide calling range pre and flop but would reraise us with good hands equal or better than ours so that he can lay them down when we show strength.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I dont think he knows what Floating is due his fishy stats but I can definitly can count him doing this with Ax or a PP
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I dont think he knows what Floating is due his fishy stats
      yeah, I agree he won't know what a Float actually is, but it doesn't stop him from executing one. Unless of course its only a Float if you do it knowingly ;) In which case he'll just be semibluffing Turn :D

I think this is a really interesting hand btw, ty for uploading it.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      2nd barrel could be a line, but what do you think about c/r flop? to exploit his floating
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ysessa
      2nd barrel could be a line, but what do you think about c/r flop? to exploit his floating
      c/shove on the Flop you mean or ?

What if he checks behind, should I fire out on the TUrn?
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      yes i would definitly fire the turn if he checks behind. c/shove flop yes but not as default