How calculate tournament value?

Bronze
      Hi

Anone know mathematic calculations for tournaments? I know we have to take for consideration Buy-in/prize structure/field. I just don't want play tournament that are less value than others.

If anyone can give me simple calculation i will be great full.
  • 7 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      What exactly do you mean
      In general i think any tournament that has less runners is less profitable and large field tourneys are more profitable but higher variance

I dont know if thats what you meant to ask

If there indeed is any calculation id be interested to know as well
      Bronze
      I just want to find out which tournaments are more ptifitables that others and I want to compare tournament on the diffrent poker sites. That's why I am looking for math calculation for tournament value.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      There are no calculations for it since too many factors would play into the calculation.
      Different structures, payouts, field sizes, speed and your personal skill and strengths are important factors.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • LuckyLukePS
      LuckyLukePS
      Coach
      Coach
      This is clearly a matter of judgement rather than mathematical calculation. As Asaban mentions, there are a ton of factors. Day of the week, time of day, size of guarantee, client on which game is running, buy-in, game format, and more. You will get better at judging this with experience. Rules of thumb: smaller site = softer field. lower buy-in obv = softer field. larger field size / higher gtd = softer field.
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      I would think as long as there are less players than dollars in the Prize Pool it a very good tourney, with a high overlay. Or am I totally misunderstanding your question?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      He basically wants to know what determines the profit in a tournament.
      So which tournament is the most profitable one due to it's structure, field size and so on.
      For example: Is the Big33$ more profitable then the 11+r$ or a 20€ tournament on some other site?

Since it's impossible to know or even calculate the question can't be answered =)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • LuckyLukePS
      LuckyLukePS
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh, you can also look at the average skill level of participants in Sharkscope, if you have a subscription. That's one way to put a number on it.