When to leave the table in BSS?

• StVatle
      StVatle
      Gold
      Hi!
      When should I leave the table when I play BSS?
      For example when I play NL2, then I buy-in with 2$. Should I leave when I have earned 3$ or something?
      Or should I just keep on going all the way?
  • 12 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      I play zoom sh 2nl so I don't know how it differs from regular play, but when I double my buy-in I leave because playing deep is a lot different.
    • Madejski
      Madejski
      Bronze
      It depends of the table texture. If you have strong opponent behind you with a deep stack, you should probably leave. Sometimes you will have a huge fish with 500 bb on the table. Leaving table with that kind of player would be a huge EV-. Bottom line is: you should evaluate situation and do things that are EV+.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Madejski
      It depends of the table texture. If you have strong opponent behind you with a deep stack, you should probably leave. Sometimes you will have a huge fish with 500 bb on the table. Leaving table with that kind of player would be a huge EV-. Bottom line is: you should evaluate situation and do things that are EV+.
      very true and if the effective stack is 100bb and you have 200bb then there's no point in leaving because you are only risking 100bb.
    • StVatle
      StVatle
      Gold
      Thanks for good answers :)
      Maybe a stupid question, but what is EV -/+ ?
    • Madejski
      Madejski
      Bronze
      It is not a stupid question. :f_smile: EV stands for "expected value". It is the amount of money you would win or lose on average on your move. For example: calling all-in preflop with pocket aces is huge EV+. You will lose sometimes but in a long run you will profit on that move. Respectively, 27o wiil give you EV-. You will win some, but in a long run you will not profit on that move.
    • StVatle
      StVatle
      Gold
      Ok, thanks! :)
    • Clownrush
      Clownrush
      Bronze
      As a beginner i should leave the table when u double up and sometimes when u win 50bb, the only reason is playing with a deepstack is a whole nother story. Maybe i am wrong but thats what i think.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Clownrush
      As a beginner i should leave the table when u double up and sometimes when u win 50bb, the only reason is playing with a deepstack is a whole nother story. Maybe i am wrong but thats what i think.
      Hi, Clownrush,
      No, you're not wrong at all. If you are not comfortable playing deep, then trying to do so will affect your play.
      If you ARE OK with playing deep stacks, though, there is a lot of money to be had.

Why not look for some videos or articles on playing deep stacked?

Best of luck,
      VS
    • Clownrush
      Clownrush
      Bronze
      Thank u VorpalF2F,

I will note this and will search for some good Deepstack play articals and videos. U can recomend a few articals or vids?

Thanks alot!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Clownrush,
      Well, I'm pretty sure I once read an article here on deep-stacked play, but It is no longer in the menu.
      Possibly, it is now considered out-of-date.

There are some videos that you can get to watch when you move your status up a bit.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I found it. :f_biggrin:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1588/1/

I cannot tell if it is available to bronze status, though.
      Also, as you can see from the comments, it was written 5 years ago, so some things may not apply.

Use with caution...
      VS
    • Clownrush
      Clownrush
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      I found it. :f_biggrin:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1588/1/

I cannot tell if it is available to bronze status, though.
      Also, as you can see from the comments, it was written 5 years ago, so some things may not apply.

Use with caution...
      VS
      Waauw!..

You realy go out and search.. Thank u verry much I start to like this forum omg :) .

Thank u verry much. i can only read the first page but i think it will give us an insight about deepstack strategy. I am gonna read it and i think you should also StVatle, because sometimes the table is to juicy to leave and you have to play deepstack.

thnx again VorpalF2F!