Creating a bankroll from zero challenge

• PandoraMode
      PandoraMode
      Gold
      :spade: Introduction
      Good morning everyone. My name is Julian, 21 years old, born in a small village in Romania but now studying biochemistry in UK. I began playing poker in march 2013 and I played on and off for the past year and a half.

:spade: Challenge
      The reason I want to start a challenge is that I sacrificed my entire bankroll and all my savings to go to university and from that moment I didn't have a proper bankroll for anything. I have a small bankroll on Ipoker to keep my silver level here but I really want to work towards a bankroll on PokerStars. Because I do not have money to spare for a bankroll I decided that I will create one from zero. I expect it to be hard and time consuming at lower levels where the majority of people play bingo but I should be able to do it.

The challenge began on November 28th and I will do the challenge by playing MTSNG and later MTT. I hope that by the end of the year I will be able to finish phase one which means a bankroll of 150 dollars.
      Julian over and out!:s_zZz:

P.S Sorry for my english language I still need to improve but I am doing my best.
  • 11 replies
    • sam18kuletz
      sam18kuletz
      Bronze
      Good Luck :f_drink: Good Luck :f_cool: Good Luck :f_thumbsup:

You gonna need all that luck on all the freeroll your playing to.... $150 is easy just finish 1st on high paying freeroll... I did $850 on 6 days playing freeroll on different poker sites that have high prize payout...
    • PandoraMode
      PandoraMode
      Gold
      Thank you very much for your wishes. Unfortunately on PokerStars it is not that easy since I do not have access to a lot of freerols but according to my calculations I should be able to reach 150 dollars by the end of the year. I decided to go with 150 dollars because that will give me a confortable bankroll to play 1.50$ 90man ko and 1$ 180 man. When I will reach it I will review my objectives and go from there.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Julian, that's quite a challenge sir!

I've made I think 4 small bankrolls from zero starting in freerolls, so yes, I know it can be a bit frustrating and slow but it's quite achievable as you say.

I do wish you luck with it so just run hot, hot, hot and everything will be just fine! :s_thumbsup:

You said you are limited on Pokerstars for freerolls, is there an option to squeeze in some other sites freerolls as well?

Best wishes, have fun and oh yes, your English is excellent sir, so have no worries there!

Mal.
    • Clownrush
      Clownrush
      Bronze
      I wish u all the luck and succes in the universe.. I will follow this treath because me myself dont have a bankroll. I would inspire alot of people. So please Make it!

Goodluck!
    • Prodigy237
      Prodigy237
      Bronze
      GL with your challenge... I played a combination of freerolls & the PSO leagues to build a decent roll from $0.

GL @ the tables. :f_thumbsup:
    • promwarm
      promwarm
      Basic
      Good luck man! I'm trying to beat 2NL atm. I deposited $60 and I'm trying to get it to $150 to play 5NL.

Best wishes.
    • PandoraMode
      PandoraMode
      Gold
      :spade: It's update time!

Good morning everyone. it's time for the first update regarding the challenge that I started. the challenge started very well but I was close of finishing it early when I went to play mtt's with it. I was quite close of going busto, but I stopped from playing, slapped myself twice, told myself to wake up because this challenge will end badly for me and went back to grind 0.25$ 45 man.

The graph for the challenge looks like this:

A third of phase one is done. I hope that by the end of the week I will be able to reach 60-65 dollars because I want to reach 100 dollars by the middle of the month. Now I am mainly playing 0.25$ 45 man and adding 1$ 45 man, 1$ 180 man or 0.55 500 cap depending of how well the session goes. The next update will be Sunday or Monday next week, depending of how much time I have.

Bankroll:52.19$
      Julian over and out!:s_zZz:
    • llAliMOell
      llAliMOell
      Bronze
      Good Luck mate!

I'm a believer :f_thumbsup:
    • Prodigy237
      Prodigy237
      Bronze
      Congrats... Keep up the good work. :appl:
    • MihaiMoigradan
      MihaiMoigradan
      Bronze
      Hello fellow Romanian,

Big fan of bankroll builders here. Can you tell us how did you got to 55$ out of nothing? 10/20 FPP Bronze MTTs ?

Best of luck in the future and definitely gonna follow this.

Cheers, Mihai
    • Sportstudi123
      Sportstudi123
      Bronze
      i have a new idol... ;) do u also play cashgame?