This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing small Pairs advice help please

• Rocco12
      Rocco12
      Bronze
      HI everyone im struggling to understand when i should be raising my medium pairs ie 55+ 8 8 the picture cards i have a decent idea nut with theses cards when do i raise or juts limp in i know table position dictates but 9 handed what is the cut of limit to say leave these pairs alone.

I welcome all ideas and just love this game always learning so please suggest away
  • 2 replies
    • Andreyqo
      Andreyqo
      Bronze
      I play these hands according to the begginer strategy of PokerStrategy:

Preflop: Call 20 in MP and in LP if someone raises. Raise if LP and everybody folded.

Flop: Your goal here is to hit a set (three of kind) or full house, which are both monster hands almost unbeteable and often ''invisible'', so it often pays off with big pots.

I ONLY play these for the set or full house, I don't even bother if these pockets are overpair or anything else, if I don't hit a set or full house I think I'm pretty much behind, so I just fold to agression. Of course, if you can see turn and river for free, it's cool.

This is my way of playing, based on begginer strategy. I hope it helped.
    • JohnDiMilia
      JohnDiMilia
      Basic
      Don't like playing 22-44 UTG- middle, hard to play up front, and they get counterfeited too often, too many overcards. But after that 55+ Raise! esp. if you haven't in a while, and in position. Call a normal raise to hit a set, set hits- bet. always raise 88+ all positions, you can usually C bet after flop ( 1 high card,2 low) and take the pot, since other players only will hit the flop 32% of the time. If you don't raise there will be too many players in the hand, your odds of winning always rise with less players. You will win 81% of time with AA V. one player, every additional player deduct 10%.