sss + $4 180 sng mtt

• rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      hi my name is aleksander and i finally found out that i wanted to wright a blog about my poker career.
      for the first im from norway so im not that good in english so i hope that you all will understand me.

What i will try to do is to deposit $50, then i will play sss nlh 0,5-0,10 till im up $5 then i will join for a $4 180 sng, if i loose i will do it all over again, the reason i want to do this is because if i play cash games bss i can win alot but when i get boored i always end upp loosing it all.
      i have allready played for a year and lost alot, but i see that as the past and i know that if i yust have patiance i can win.

im wrighting a blog to keep me focused and so that i will stick to my plan.

i will update my blog everyday, i will also post some handhistories.

19-11-08
      i have now played for 40min and im up $6. did have a bad beat KK facing AA and i had the KK, not really a bad beat.
      I will now play a 180 man sng and play some sss in while, wish me luck.
      If somebody wants to give me tips yust do it.

20-11-08 12.00 ET
      Today i will change some of my strategi, what i will do is that when i play sss i usaually play 6 tables at once i will then try to make about $10 then i will play a $4 180 on pokerstar, this will meen that if i loose i will then have my new bankroll wich will meen that i have $55, and i than have to win $10 more before i can play a $4 180, so if i loose i will always have $5 more, i do this so that i will gain some $$ all the way, this may take much more time but i will always increase my bankroll, incase i meet a badbeat day.

20-11-08 15.00 ET
      i have now played sss in a couple of hours and im up $10.
      so i did buy in for a $4 180, and the first hour is almost over and my chip stack is up $4300.
      i will try to post some hands when i get elephant to work.

20-11-08 17.26 ET
      first i will mention that when i play $4 i will also play sss on 2 tables.

Today i have played in 2 $4 and in the first one i placed 40 but i had played some tables with sss and i was then upp so much that i could join another $4 and im no 2 of 19 with 30000 in chips. i will update when i finish.

21-11-08 20.23 ET
      well i did finish in 3 place and im happy with that and my bankroll is now upp to $145.
      i also won $10 on sss.
      i lost with a flush and straight draw to pocket aces
  • 11 replies
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      a
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey rosakatt89

Nice to see a new blog from a fellow scandinavian. :)

I like your idea of mixing up your game and play SSS and the use the money for SnG. But what if you win in that SnG? What is your plan then?

I think you need to make up your mind about what will be your primary goal. Just my thoughts :)

GL with it all

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      Hey rosakatt89

Nice to see a new blog from a fellow scandinavian. :)

I like your idea of mixing up your game and play SSS and the use the money for SnG. But what if you win in that SnG? What is your plan then?

I think you need to make up your mind about what will be your primary goal. Just my thoughts :)

GL with it all

Cheers,
      Kimber88
      my plan then is to witdrawel $100 and keep the rest, then i will stick to my plan with sss win $5 and play 180 until i can change limit and then play $11 180 sng and $.10-,25. if i manage to do this.

im in one $4 now and im half way 13 place out of 57 with $6700 in chips tried to steel from one when he slowplayed KK. so lost 3000.
      i tend to play to agressively when i really should fold.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi rosakatt89,

As kimber88 said, its good to have a new blogger here.

I know a few guys who use this "strategy" for sports betting. They all loose a hell of alot with it. Heres why.......

You have $50
      you win enough to play a MTT and loose.
      again you then have $50
      you win some more and play another MTT and loose again
      then the variance kicks in, and you cant win a hand to save your life,
      So then you are squandering your original roll because of bad beats, and so on.

The edge we have in poker, is.... as a winning player you will end up +EV in the long run. But all your profits aren't there to cushion the blow when variance takes its toll, because you have used it for MTT's

You may win a MTT, and end up with $500. But again you move up the limits for SSS, and win, play MTT's, and so on. Its a sure way of going broke imo.

When I try to explain to these friends of mine, they say, well I got up to £5k. When you ask what they did with it, they blew it by carrying on with this "strategy".

People come on the forums here with new ways to use their BRM. Only to be told that, as a poker player, it is best to grind through the limits, and use every bit of knowledge you learn on the way. These people often go ahead with there plans, and we never see them again, as they are to ashamed to admit they where wrong.

So my word of advice is to just sit back and think the whole thing over. If you decide to carry on, then best of luck to you!!

Sry for the long post. I will delete it after you have read it if you like.

Good luck,
      Stiev
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hi rosakatt89,

As kimber88 said, its good to have a new blogger here.

I know a few guys who use this "strategy" for sports betting. They all loose a hell of alot with it. Heres why.......

You have $50
      you win enough to play a MTT and loose.
      again you then have $50
      you win some more and play another MTT and loose again
      then the variance kicks in, and you cant win a hand to save your life,
      So then you are squandering your original roll because of bad beats, and so on.

The edge we have in poker, is.... as a winning player you will end up +EV in the long run. But all your profits aren't there to cushion the blow when variance takes its toll, because you have used it for MTT's

You may win a MTT, and end up with $500. But again you move up the limits for SSS, and win, play MTT's, and so on. Its a sure way of going broke imo.

When I try to explain to these friends of mine, they say, well I got up to £5k. When you ask what they did with it, they blew it by carrying on with this "strategy".

People come on the forums here with new ways to use their BRM. Only to be told that, as a poker player, it is best to grind through the limits, and use every bit of knowledge you learn on the way. These people often go ahead with there plans, and we never see them again, as they are to ashamed to admit they where wrong.

So my word of advice is to just sit back and think the whole thing over. If you decide to carry on, then best of luck to you!!

Sry for the long post. I will delete it after you have read it if you like.

Good luck,
      Stiev
      im kinda aware of this, and i have tried it before end lost because of bad sss play from the beginning. but i think that if i use good brm i can stay in, and im not relly doing this to earn money but to get better in mtt`s, but as you say is that if i think about how much i have lost when building upp those $5 and loose over and over again, then it can be alot, i have alredy used $15.
      but i dont want you to delete this post, i think its important for my blog.
      and thx for the interest
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      well well did bust out on 20 place so i didnt even get in to the money in the 180sng. had AQ shortstacked allin facing A10 clubs and the flops comes upp with 3 clubs so he won with the flush.
      my bankroll is still $50.
      and i will try again tomorrow.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I agree with cannell555 in this one. my advice is play sss until you get a confortable bankroll and then play 180 sit&go's. In my (little) expirence those mtt sit&go's are very profitable but you need:

1. a confortable bankroll since you can go several tourneys without cashing, and when you do , you get sucked out on the final table, or some donkey instant-calls with KJo.

2. not tilt, if you want too see what tilt does look at my sharkscope graph :D

Now, if you decide to go for it and play them I think they are great, very fishy , good price structure and lots of fish , and i think there is one like every 10 minutes at every hour so if you are like me that plays at 2 am it's cool.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Very wise words Stiev. Very wise indeed.

What's you guys nick's on stars? I plan on playing a couple of them with my "just-for-fun-roll" over there.
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      im gonna start the day with playing some tables of $.5-.10 and play til im up $10 then im gonna play a sngmtt.
      so wish me luck
      ps.
      i want to ask you a question, why is it so that when i played sngmtt yesterday i took out a playr at the final table, then he started to call me a fish and so on, why is it that people are talking so much shit about other players when they play poker, cant they yust consentrate on their own play?
      my current bank roll is $145.
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      well i did get good card and im now up $10 and my current bankroll is now $155.
      and incase you wondered im playing usually 4 -9 tables at once but if i run bad i usually move down to play 1 table so that i can consentrate more about this table.
      im now gonna play a $4 sng mtt.
      and if you guys are willing to give me some tips im open for it .
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Any updates?