Ali Says Hi..

• llAliMOell
      llAliMOell
      Bronze
      Hey Ho,

Not so new member but I don't think I ever introduced myself when I registered all those years ago.

I first registered back in the good old Free $50 days :) *ahh the memories*

I played the short stack strategy for a bit and built the $50 up to $160ish I think. But I found it super boring, it kind of took the fun out of the game for me. I guess it built my bankroll up safely and taught me a little patience and some good (if a little tight) hand selection skills, which I think was the idea. Anyway I eventually tilted the money away in ways that I can't quite remember now.

Before that I played in a regular home game 10/20p :) for a good few years.
      I think I have a pretty good natural ability for the game (aka my maths sucks) and I really enjoy the mental challenge of putting people on hands and finding nice spots for winning pots without showdown ;)

Anyway I guess I was a losing player online last time I played. But I would like to turn that around. I have been gifted a free $10 on Titan (whoohooooo \o/) but seriously thanks...

I am now in a unique position after having moved to the north of Sweden and building a small house on wheels. So I now have very little overheads and plenty of long dark evenings on my hands :) So I think I will put some more time and effort into poker now and see how far I can get with it. I will try and be more involved in the community too and post some hands for review etc..

On a side note if there is anyone in the Umeå area of Sweden who is up for a home game (small stakes) or knows of one already happening It would be cool to get that back in my social life.

Anyway after 1351Hands/16.68hours and a combination of Solid play, some total spew (just a little bit though;) ) questionable bankroll management and best of all running great:f_cool: I am up $25.16/53bb/100 ($11.75/34.67bb All in Adj)

Anyway, apologies for the long 'rambly 'post (its kind of a family trademark)

Wish me luck as I boldly go where pretty much everyone on this site has been before....

See you on the felt :f_drink:

Ali
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Ali,

Welcome back to the forums. :)

Is having a sense of humour also a family trademark? If so, I wouldn't mind meeting the rest of your family. :P

You should get yourself added to our Member map. You may even be our northenmost member (I'm the most southernmost)

Good to see you back,

Have fun

Laz
    • llAliMOell
      llAliMOell
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcome Laz :f_thumbsup:

Unfortunately there are some crazy finnish guys who are even colder and darker right now... good for them.

So, cocktails on the beach for Christmas? :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Nah. I'm an Aussie, mate :f_thumbsup: I'll have a few :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :happy: