This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Ali Says Hi..

• llAliMOell
      llAliMOell
      Bronze
      Hey Ho,

Not so new member but I don't think I ever introduced myself when I registered all those years ago.

I first registered back in the good old Free $50 days :) *ahh the memories*

I played the short stack strategy for a bit and built the $50 up to $160ish I think. But I found it super boring, it kind of took the fun out of the game for me. I guess it built my bankroll up safely and taught me a little patience and some good (if a little tight) hand selection skills, which I think was the idea. Anyway I eventually tilted the money away in ways that I can't quite remember now.

Before that I played in a regular home game 10/20p :) for a good few years.
      I think I have a pretty good natural ability for the game (aka my maths sucks) and I really enjoy the mental challenge of putting people on hands and finding nice spots for winning pots without showdown ;)

Anyway I guess I was a losing player online last time I played. But I would like to turn that around. I have been gifted a free $10 on Titan (whoohooooo \o/) but seriously thanks...

I am now in a unique position after having moved to the north of Sweden and building a small house on wheels. So I now have very little overheads and plenty of long dark evenings on my hands :) So I think I will put some more time and effort into poker now and see how far I can get with it. I will try and be more involved in the community too and post some hands for review etc..

On a side note if there is anyone in the Umeå area of Sweden who is up for a home game (small stakes) or knows of one already happening It would be cool to get that back in my social life.

Anyway after 1351Hands/16.68hours and a combination of Solid play, some total spew (just a little bit though;) ) questionable bankroll management and best of all running great:f_cool: I am up $25.16/53bb/100 ($11.75/34.67bb All in Adj)

Anyway, apologies for the long 'rambly 'post (its kind of a family trademark)

Wish me luck as I boldly go where pretty much everyone on this site has been before....

See you on the felt :f_drink:

Ali
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Ali,

Welcome back to the forums. :)

Is having a sense of humour also a family trademark? If so, I wouldn't mind meeting the rest of your family. :P

You should get yourself added to our Member map. You may even be our northenmost member (I'm the most southernmost)

Good to see you back,

Have fun

Laz
    • llAliMOell
      llAliMOell
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcome Laz :f_thumbsup:

Unfortunately there are some crazy finnish guys who are even colder and darker right now... good for them.

So, cocktails on the beach for Christmas? :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Nah. I'm an Aussie, mate :f_thumbsup: I'll have a few :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :happy: