General Poker Discussion board

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Hi PS.com,

First off, a big thank you for all your hard work. I'm also a big fan of the forum makeover.

Suggestion: Can you consider de-cluttering the General Poker Discussion board by shifting all the promotions to their own location (sorry the IT jargon is all wrong, not my field.) I can see why the news feed articles are posted there as it is relevant to the forum title but the promotions, many of which have multiple threads, make finding the gems of that forum that much harder/more time consuming.

Thanks,
      MD
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey MD,

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Atm we post promotional threads that are room specific on the room boards. The only promotions that go into GPD generally won't fit into an obvious alternative.

I will however pass this onto the ninjas who will advise us with their sage wisdom. :D

Cheers

Laz
    • alex221179
      alex221179
      Bronze
      thant you foe good work
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Hi PS.com,

First off, a big thank you for all your hard work. I'm also a big fan of the forum makeover.

Suggestion: Can you consider de-cluttering the General Poker Discussion board by shifting all the promotions to their own location (sorry the IT jargon is all wrong, not my field.) I can see why the news feed articles are posted there as it is relevant to the forum title but the promotions, many of which have multiple threads, make finding the gems of that forum that much harder/more time consuming.

Thanks,
      MD
      Take a bow.

I don't open GPD anymore because it is just cluttered with nonsense. I have passed on my feedback, I even went to the bother of sending an email once to the head person and I got no reply.

Also, since the new forum was implemented, they've made a change where all posts in the feedback and suggestions board don't appear in the latest threads on the home page. I contacted them to tell them this as I assumed it to be a mistake. Apparently it was done for a reason! Not sure if this has been changed now or not because this is the first time I've opened PokerStrategy in days.

Take out of that what you wish.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey MasochisticDesire,

(interesting nickname!) ;)

Thanks for your question. We use the General Poker Discussion board for many purposes - which on one hand can make it look a bit cluttered (especially when we throw in some promotions updates), but on the other hand - it's a good place to find all the recent/important information.

We have decided to keep it this way also because we want to avoid creating "ghost boards" (having a couple of announcements is not really a good justification for a new board).

I understand that finding threads in GPD requires some navigation skills :) sorry for the inconvenience.

@Gary, hey! As for now, topics from the Feedback board are not being displayed on the home page. No plans of changing it for now :)
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks Lazza and Marta (the nickname isn't fetish related ;) ) thought it worth mentioning. Though a sub-forum for such things seems sensible enough to me, there may be considerations I am unaware of.

Whilst we're gathered - in the old format when checking your own forum posts (via the link on the homepage for example) it indicated if there was a post since you lasted checked the thread. Has that function been removed? I note that there is now something similar in each separate forum but it was handy to scan through your previous posts and note new replies.

All the best,
      MD