Hey There! Don't Read this!

• adprocas
      adprocas
      Bronze
      Hey everone!

I'm new here. I read the SnG strategy thing and decided to come post my first post!

I put 'Don't Read this' in the Subject of this thread in hopes that everyone reads this thread and I have the most views in this forum!

Thanks!!!

I'll likely be here alot!
  • 12 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      welcome....
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      lol
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome! THat's nice tactic, it always works :-)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      damn
      I read it
      oh well - welcome and good luck
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I fell for it :(
      gl :D
    • Calron
      Calron
      Bronze
      I am only inspecting your post.
    • djfusion1234
      djfusion1234
      Bronze
      lol header . welcome
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I didn't read it. I promise :D

Welcome to the boards :)
    • adprocas
      adprocas
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone!

This seems like a great place!

To be totally honest, I have been building a similar poker site. I won't advertise here, obviously, and it's far from done, but I know how these affiliate programs work and everything and kept wondering why sites like this didn't exist.

I mean, why charge a membership fee like all of the other poker training sites when you can teach people to learn to play winning poker, for free, or by giving them 50 bucks to start, then continue making money off of them as they play and win???

Genius.

Anyway, Like I said, I'll be here a lot.

Thanks for all the replies!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Welcome my friend & good luck.

Thought as well as aiming for the most views (very nice touch btw, always works a treat that one), see if can get the most replies :D

Bart.
    • adprocas
      adprocas
      Bronze
      Hmm... Most replies is an interesting one.

Maybe I should have put "Don't reply!"

Or maybe my aim was to have the most replies from the people posting "I promise I didn't read, I just replied!".

The more I read about this site the more I like it. How did I not know about this a long time ago?

Just a little background on me (here is my book-post).

I've been playing poker for about 6 months now. Well, I was playing on the free tables for 6 months before that, but for money about 6 months.

I have no idea how I didn't appreciate poker before, though. I love math and problem solving. I remember in high school I used to figure out gaming situations and probability during my boring finite classes. Somehow, I never got into the poker aspect of things.

Either way, one day I played a friendly game with my girlfriend and her cousins. I fell in love with the game the first time I played it.

I did a bit of research and started using an odds calculator after learning about how a guy a know "wins by just sitting there clicking buttons and using an odds calculator". I was ignorant at the time and figured this would work. Thankfully I read about bankroll and didn't waste any of my own money (just the free 5 bucks pokerstars gave me).

Ever since then I have been reading about poker and mostly been playing in SnG tournaments.

I have only played in about 6 live games and have broken even, exactly. I give off too many reads and am currently reading about how to use my 'natural' tells to benefit me or how to give off less reads.

So, I have been constantly learning and will admit that I am one to use the 'downswing' excuse a lot. After reading a lot on this site, I realize I need a lot more help and I am way worse than I originally thought. I have my 'Donkey' phases that end up pretty much making me only break even. I can always build the bankroll back up, then I go down, then up, then down. It's a cycle that I need to stop! I know what I need to do, and this site is going to help me!

I have to say that this is probably the best information I have read on poker and the best concept for a learning site I have ever seen. I am going to be here for a long time! I can't wait to get to the bronze level and start crawling up the stakes!
    • travisready
      travisready
      Bronze
      Welcome to PS....alot of great people here(even soy isn't that bad), invaluable articles and fun events.